The Semi-Finals: Argentina and France through

Morocco winning would be one of those, like 2004, that is simultaneously incredible and absolutely shite. Nobody looks back fondly on Greece defending their way to the title. They've done brilliantly, now let's have them out please and Messi winning it. I know the rest of the Argies are mainly cunts but at least they deserved to win their QF unlike the fucking French.

5 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Morocco winning would be one of those, like 2004, that is simultaneously incredible and absolutely shite. Nobody looks back fondly on Greece defending their way to the title. They've done brilliantly, now let's have them out please and Messi winning it. I know the rest of the Argies are mainly cunts but at least they deserved to win their QF unlike the fucking French.

Morocco haven’t been anything like Greece and it’s something totally different and would be great to have a new continent win it in my opinion

2 minutes ago, tgarve said:

Morocco haven’t been anything like Greece and it’s something totally different and would be great to have a new continent win it in my opinion

Have they not? They've not conceded a goal yet and they've had 6 corners in 5 games. I'd say they're very much like Greece.

2 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Have they not? They've not conceded a goal yet and they've had 6 corners in 5 games. I'd say they're very much like Greece.

Narr

Cant really remember Greece all that clearly but they definitely defended there way more than Morocco have

Feel that's about as shit a semi-final line up as there's been, just personally.

Far better Croatia and Argentina teams than this have gone out in the group stages. Morocco nice story but howay and this French team isn't a patch on their last World cup winning team.

Edited by Wolfcastle

17 minutes ago, Wullie said:

The impact of Morocco winning it would be significantly higher than Greece winning the Euros. It doesn't matter what the tactics are. Greece winning the Euros was a great footballing sporting moment. Morocco winning the world cup will transcend sports in terms of impact. 

Just now, rgk_lfc said:

The impact of Morocco winning it would be significantly higher than Greece winning the Euros. It doesn't matter what the tactics are. Greece winning the Euros was a great footballing sporting moment. Morocco winning the world cup will transcend sports in terms of impact. 

I agree. But they're also a workmanlike and not particularly good team. I've watched every game and I can still only tell you the names of about half the XI, if that. Ideally you want the World Champions to be a good team. :lol:

6 minutes ago, Wullie said:

I agree. But they're also a workmanlike and not particularly good team. I've watched every game and I can still only tell you the names of about half the XI, if that. Ideally you want the World Champions to be a good team. :lol:

I’d argue that’s a pretty entitled “this team doesn’t deserve to win it” kind of view. Very much in the vein of Liverpool fans thinking in the Prem. That they have some divine right to be at the top/champions. 

A new team winning it, from a continent that has never won it? That’s magic, man. Insane, wild, generational defining magic. 

Everyone will know their starting XIs name after this. 

15 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

I’d argue that’s a pretty entitled “this team doesn’t deserve to win it” kind of view. Very much in the vein of Liverpool fans thinking in the Prem. That they have some divine right to be at the top/champions. 

A new team winning it, from a continent that has never won it? That’s magic, man. Insane, wild, generational defining magic. 

Everyone will know their starting XIs name after this. 

Not at all, if they win their 2 games they'll fully deserve to be crowned champions, I just personally hope they don't as I don't think they're much cop. Same goes for Croatia fwiw.

Greece had no intent to counter and won through set pieces only. They were a far, far more prosaic side. Not to blame them - it reflected the limitations of the squad and it was an amazing coaching achievement.

Morocco are low block but they do have genuine pace and technical ability on the counter. In the games they have played they have created clear chances this way.

Greece winning the Euros was a localised event and a one off. I do think Morocco winning, even in an overtly defensive style, would be a huge global glass ceiling moment which would inspire great expectations in weaker continents.

17 minutes ago, Marko NUFC said:

Guys, come on if we beat Argentina we really owe to win a World Cup after 3 semi finals :)

You or Morocco. Either would inspire future generations as well as make me a happy fella! Unfortunately, I’m not sure it’s going to happen.

For me an Argentina - Morocco final would be perfect. Either get a defining end to Messi's career or an amazing upset which would be huge for global football. Plus the stadium would be rammed with colour as Argentina/Morocco have also had the best fans in the tournament for me.

Croatia - France would be a rather uninspiring rematch IMO that would also have a poorer atmosphere because both teams have had very low numbers of travelling fans. 

But at the very least I'm just relieved that pillock Ronaldo is out.