World Cup Final: Argentina 3-3 France (4-2 pens) - Argentina are world champions

Polar opposite for me. Mbappe seems like an absolute nobhead, Griezmann is a typical Atleti player who was a snide fuck against us and they’re boring as fuck to watch. Despite being blessed with arguably the best and deepest squad in world football. 

Hope they lose 5-0. Although they’ll

probably get an early goal. Sit off, whilst controlling the game and then get a late second to seal it. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

24 minutes ago, St1pe said:

I totally get it’s a prick perspective and can’t even put my finger on why. I think it’s a gripe with social media narratives and modern day casual fans rather than the man himself mind but that doesn’t paint me in any better of a picture… because you’re right - it would be fitting. 

Still Allez le bleu!! 🇫🇷

I get that but if Argentina lose then the same social media will be insufferable the other way, the Ronaldo fans will be unbearable and will see it as some sort of victory for him 

24 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I get that but if Argentina lose then the same social media will be insufferable the other way, the Ronaldo fans will be unbearable and will see it as some sort of victory for him 

Ewww you’re right. 

On 16/12/2022 at 05:45, Flip said:

I think it’s going to be a boring stalemate. Two defensive well organized teams that don’t commit many players forward. Going to be up to Messi or Mbappé to show the way.

I agree in regards to England. I think the two best sides on each side of the bracket lost in the QF as well, and undeservedly so. 

Early goal and this will be fun. Might need another defender to slip, or a wacky deflection to get it, but I'm hoping we do.

Should be a great game; think France will shade it myself as much as I want Argentina to win. 

Vamos Muchachos!

Absolutely stitched myself as I didn’t realise it kicked off at 3 n all so I’ll be in Richmond, Toryshire.

Team Messi today. This is hopefully the day he gets to sit at the big boys table and can bring the country that keeps throwing itself into financial crisis deserved joy. Football means way too much for South Americans for me to hope that the French win it a 2nd time in a row or Europeans a 5rh in a row. If the ref is lenient with yellow cards as they’ve been, I can see Argentina winning it their way.

I'll go with both the game and the outcome being as pedestrian as this WC has been; 2-0 France for me assuming their defence recovers from illness,

Hopefully this will be the last time proper football gets disrupted mid-season for this shite.  I'm itching for the Bournemouth game mid-week; had England or Brazil got through to the final we would have been going into that game shorthanded.  Keep WCs to the off-season please FIFA; you're going to accept bribes regardless, so if you're lining your pockets at least do it without directly impacting the rest of us.

13 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Does anyone have any takes on this article? Basically arguing Messi is the greatest athlete of all time.

https://www.espn.com/sports/insider/soccer/insider/story/_/id/35259622/lionel-messi-world-cup-proves-best-male-athlete-ever

He's the greatest footballer of all time for me.

The article is an interesting one - fun to see an American sports site acknowledging cricket's claim to be the world's second most popular sport, and therefore Don Bradman having a greater claim than Michael Jordan.

It still feels like it should be an individual sport where the greatest athlete is given a nod - Muhammad Ali or Usain Bolt etc.  Weren't decathletes seen as the truly greatest athletes?  Or was that just because of Daley Thompson? :) 

Think Argentina will want it more, and that could be their undoing. There's gonna be tons of shithousery from both sides and I wouldn't be surprised to see a decisive pen or red card. I reckon a controversial France win but would like to see Argentina do it because of Messi.

Edited by ohmelads

53 minutes ago, ohmelads said:

Think Argentina will want it more, and that could be their undoing. There's gonna be tons of shithousery from both sides and I wouldn't be surprised to see a decisive pen or red card. I reckon a controversial France win but would like to see Argentina do it because of Messi.

That's how I see it, France being the holders puts them under slightly less pressure and this France squad will still be amongst the heavy favourites for the next World Cup

Not so sure that will be the case for Argentina as Messi won't be around then 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

That's how I see it, France being the holders puts them under slightly less pressure and this France squad will still be amongst the heavy favourites for the next World Cup

Not so sure that will be the case for Argentina as Messi won't be around then 

It’s now or in 30 years again for Argentina if another player with M is born in a planet far far awat. France is going to be there within a chance again in four and eight years time. Therefore, vamos Argentina! 

My wife was raised partially in Paris and supports France. If they win again I will have to hear about it from her and family for four more years. I cannot abide by it. Between Les Bleus and PSG I am tired of her happiness and my pain. :lol:

It is very hard for me to support Argentina, given the history, but Messi truly deserves this moment. There will never be another like him, and I am tired of those who seek to diminish his achievements. So, I will go for 2-1 Argentina. Think the will look comfortable at 2-0, then struggle to hold it as they tire. Should be good match.