Newcastle United 1-0 Bournemouth (20/12/2022)

Disco

Any worries about intensity dropping off after a break completely dispelled there.  Thought we played well just lacking a bit of killer instinct.  Wonder if Howe will take off Longstaff or Willock and bring on ASM and drop Joelinton deeper if the score is the same after 10-15

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

They can’t sit this deep all second half again, can they?…..

Unless they are playing for penalties. You would have thought the pressure and some changes for us would mean they’ll have to try and step out at some point. 

Did the same in the league game if I’m not mistaken?

2 minutes ago, nortoon said:

None of the replays showed any touch on Willock, so the linesman giving it off the wrong side of the play 2 minutes after is just ridiculous, if you can't see it let it go, they are just guessing for fucks sake. :tongue:

Yep - and while interference doesn’t require a touch, the lad could hardly get up and out of the way quick enough 

1 minute ago, The Butcher said:

Attacking LB and a wide, creative forward has to be a priority going into January. 

We have a much more attacking LB sitting on the bench. It’s just not the way Howe wants to play currently. 

Edited by cubaricho

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Any worries about intensity dropping off after a break completely dispelled there.  Thought we played well just lacking a bit of killer instinct.  Wonder if Howe will take off Longstaff or Willock and bring on ASM and drop Joelinton deeper if the score is the same after 10-15

I can't see Eddie's team dropping their intensity.

I see Bournemouth like I used to see Charlton. Often just really awkward for us.

Don't know what the score is with the disallowed goal, no VAR yet that's how VAR should be used, voice in the refs ear "yeah he touched it" "no he was onside" rather than the faffing on.

1 minute ago, cubaricho said:

We have a much more attacking LB sitting on the bench. It’s just not the way Howe wants to play currently. 

Burn is very reliable as a defender but I would rather see Targett as he adds an attacking dimension Burn is not capable of