Newcastle United 1-0 Bournemouth (20/12/2022)

Disco

2 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Doesn't look as much of a pen on the highlights. Looks like he moves his arm after the ball hits it. 

Opposite, for me. Didn’t think much of it last night. Seeing it back with a better video quality. It looks stonewall. Ball has travelled a long way and it is on target. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

3 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Opposite, for me. Didn’t think much of it last night. Seeing it back with a better video quality. It looks stonewall. Ball has travelled a long way and it is on target. 

It was a pen clear as day. No need to see the opposition POV unless we are talking about something black or white.

34 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Thought the game was a timely reminder for the Anti-ASM brigade. Wether he’s having a good or below par game he’s still the most effective weapon we have for unsettling solid defences.

Aye. We massively missed him in the league game against them.

38 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Thought the game was a timely reminder for the Anti-ASM brigade. Wether he’s having a good or below par game he’s still the most effective weapon we have for unsettling solid defences.

The guy behind us started hammering him before he even came on. Was very tiresome. 

14 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Small time mindset. Hating players with a little bit of flair. Robert, Nzogbia, Ben Arfa, Ginola, now Saint-Maximin.

No hate. Just want him to work his ass off for the team. Messi is allowed to stand around, not Saint-Maximin.

My honest thought is he just doesn't have the legs/lungs for this intense of a press.

I see all of our players as replacable, even Bruno, Trippier, and Botman, but ASM deserves a proper go at Eddie Howe NUFC 2.0 before we think of replacing him. There is too much talent there, and it is a rare talent.  Holding onto Wilson (perceived injury prone) and Almiron (perceived no end product) has paid dividends, and Maxi may make it a third.

For ASM himself, a bit more shooting practice wouldn't go amiss. Trippier and Schar pack much more power.

4 hours ago, Stottie said:

I see all of our players as replacable, even Bruno, Trippier, and Botman, but ASM deserves a proper go at Eddie Howe NUFC 2.0 before we think of replacing him. There is too much talent there, and it is a rare talent.  Holding onto Wilson (perceived injury prone) and Almiron (perceived no end product) has paid dividends, and Maxi may make it a third.

For ASM himself, a bit more shooting practice wouldn't go amiss. Trippier and Schar pack much more power.

:nope:

6 hours ago, Stottie said:

This take left a trail of snail slime across my phone. Yuck!

Bruno has to be replaceable because of the risk of him leaving for Real, PSG etc. To stop this happening, we need to get into CL asap and to pray the new Brazil manager picks him. We got him into the WC debate, he's massively benefitted from coming to NUFC, but we didn't get him into the starting eleven.

Pretty much all the others would be replaced due to age or ability upgrades.

I've just seen the match cam and the pen is stonewall. It's actually a brilliant reflex save, given that the guy's hands start behind his back.

I’m with Stottie - every player is replaceable.  We don’t have the best player in the world in any position - therefore they can be replaced.  Even Bruno, who plenty wouldn’t have heard of twelve months ago.

This isn’t the same as saying you want them to leave - just that should any player leave, we are now able to replace them and shouldn’t fret about the reasoning like we would have in the past

Edited by TheBrownBottle

5 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I’m with Stottie - every player is replaceable.  We don’t have the best player in the world in any position - therefore they can be replaced.  Even Bruno, who plenty wouldn’t have heard of twelve months ago.

This isn’t the same as saying you want them to leave - just that should any player leave, we are now able to replace them and shouldn’t fret about the reasoning like we would have in the past

If that’s the point being made that all players can be replaced then fair enough. But the post I was responding to seemed to be making a different point, as it said all players are replaceable “but ASM deserves a proper go at Eddie Howe NUFC 2.0 before we think about replacing him.” So it made the comment seem much more like he was saying all players can be gotten rid of, which to me was a stinking take

fair play if I read it wrong