Leicester City vs. Newcastle United - 26/12/22 @ 3pm (Amazon Prime Video)

HaydnNUFC

4 hours ago, cubaricho said:

Let’s fucking go man. 

Maddison’s last game in blue before the black and white switch. He’s going to play soft as fuck against his next team. 

Will he play? He's had no minutes since before the World Cup and didn't get any today either. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench.

Edited by et tu brute

33 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Will he play? He's had no minutes since before the World Cup and didn't get any today either. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the bench.

Madders has already downed tools to force the move. My man!

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Can anyone think of a particularly good NUFC Xmas / NY period?  They're usually horrendous.  My favourite was trips to Highbury and Elland Road in quick succession in 2001 - two of my favourite away days ever to this day.  Can't think of many happy ones though

About as good as it gets really:

1999/2000:

23rd December, Spurs home FA Cup: 6-1

Boxing Day, Liverpool home: 2-2.

28th December, Leicester away: 2-1.

2001/2001:

18th December, Arsenal away: 3-1

22nd December, Leeds away: 4-3

Boxing Day, Boro home: 3-0

2013/2014:

21st December, Palace away: 3-0

Boxing Day, Stoke home: 5-1

I'd normally have bad feelings about this game, but Eddie and the lads have been excellent at overcoming whatever doubts I have, usually based on performances under previous managers, perceived curses, and the like.

We could have done with playing them in the first eight or so games of the season when the Brenda Nout stories abounded, but it mightn't make any difference. Some of Leicesters recent form has been due to easier fixtures, and we're not an easy fixture any more. They're undoubtedly on form though and have a talented squad, so it'll be a tough test.

Do think the game last night will have helped us massively in preparation for this. That being said these are also flying and I would still say their attacking players are better than ours. Tough game and I think they will edge it.

2-0