Leicester City vs. Newcastle United - 26/12/22 @ 3pm (Amazon Prime Video)

HaydnNUFC

Leicesters forward players are pretty good also. As somebody said above they are awful at defending set pieces. Taking this into account (draw fouls) I would have ASM in the team instructed to dribble at every opportunity, and move Joe L inside... eddie can decide whether he sacrifices longstaff or willock, then "we´ll have Bruno in the middle"

We are 3rd and Leicester are 13th in the league for a reason. 

The only reason I can see for folk to be nervous about this is that there’s been a break for the World Cup and that may have affected our preparation, players form etc.

If this was pre World Cup I’m sure there wouldn’t be so much nervousness. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

The only reason I can see for folk to be nervous about this is that there’s been a break for the World Cup and that may have affected our preparation, players form etc.

They were flying pre World Cup as well in fairness.

1 minute ago, LV said:

TBF it is more to do with current form than league rankings - Leicester are also in shit hot form.  This would always have been a hard game pre-WC

image.thumb.png.4f311fe7d9323886bfbf45a87c0b2c43.png

Presume the only question mark is whether we'll start Longstaff or ASM. Joelinton playing in CM or LW depending on the choice that's made there.

Assuming he's fully fit, I'd hope we go for ASM but would understand Longstaff getting the nod. Can see the logic in leaving Joelinton on the left against a team who can play a bit like Leicester can, him along with Wilson and Almiron is such a relentless trio to press high and get the ball back. I just don't know if Allan is ever gonna get there in that regard and it's always gonna be something that'll have to be taken into consideration. He needs to be absolutely dynamite in attack to justify what we lose in pressing.

They’re great going forwards but woeful at the back, or at least from set pieces so we should be able to capitalise. I’d take a draw really as there’ll be some funny results first few rounds of matches as teams settle

in again. That said with Wilson fit me more confident of us keeping it tight but still acoring.

I'd like to think we won't get trashed there like we did last season. I'd take a boring, Brighton-esque 0-0. Having said that, no reason at all why we can't win. We're pretty fucking good. We popped it around really nicely last night, and on another day we might have won 3-0. So what I'm saying is, I have no idea. Follow for more hot tips.

9 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Also, Leicester's resurgence has seemingly been down to a change of shape too, from having a read elsewhere. Howe has had a lot of time to study this and should have a decent plan.

I think it was also Maddison also coming massively into form pre- World Cup. If he’s not playing or is rusty then they are going to offer a lot less than they could.

Away win. 

Would definitely take a draw. The improvement from Leicester already started before the break, think they will be one of the form sides in the second half of the season. 

ASM looked good when he came on last night. Think if he is ready to go he will start. Without him it's pretty apparent to teams that all our actual threat comes down the right hand side through Trippier and Almiron. Having ASM back and firing would allow us to genuinely stretch teams. I may be wrong, but I think it was only after ASM got injured that Miggy went full God mode. Would love to see some games where they're both bang in form.