League Cup Quarter Final Draw - Newcastle vs Leicester

The Quarter Final draw of the Carabao Cup will take place live on Sky Sports following the conclusion of Manchester City v Liverpool at the Etihad Stadium on Thursday 22 December 2022.

Joining host Mark Chapman to make the draw will be former Manchester City and Newcastle United shot-stopper, Shay Given, as well as the Lionesses' Euro 2022 winning goalkeeper, Mary Earps.

Teams:

• Newcastle United
  • Leicester City
  • Charlton Athletic
  • Manchester United
  • Southampton
  • Nottingham Forrest
  • Wolves
  • Man City/Liverpool

City/Liverpool at home please.

Much rather get them now than over two legs or in the final. If we go out thats tired legs saved too. Knock one of them out and you'd have to fancy us to get to the final. Mind, not sure I could stomach another semi / final defeat to Man Utd. 

44 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

City/Liverpool at home please.

Much rather get them now than over two legs or in the final. If we go out thats tired legs saved too. Knock one of them out and you'd have to fancy us to get to the final. Mind, not sure I could stomach another semi / final defeat to Man Utd. 

Imagine the joy when we finally get one back on them.

I’d rather someone else knocked Man City/Liverpool out, if it was free pick. Though with a more pessimistic slant, think I’d rather go out/lose, if we are going to, in a QF rather than a semi or final. Still bear the emotional scars of the latter two, QF defeats don’t stay with you as much. So Liverpool at home please. 

Actually, scratch that. I want Man Utd in the final. Let them boost their swagger by beating one of the big two next, avoid them in the semi and serve the beginnings of some deliciously cold revenge at Wembley. 

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

I think one of the two big ones at home would be my pick, SJP would actually be bouncing for it (unlike the last two ties).

Then the other in the SF, and an easy win in the final. Piece of piss.

7 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Would be perfect but I don't think we're that lucky! I think we draw one of the big 2 left in tonight. In saying that I'm confident whoever we get.

At home I think we’ve got a great chance against anyone. If we did get beat we can just keep our home form intact for the Premier League going forward.