The NO Traitors

Cf

Those of you who have been watching the show will know what's up here. Thought I'd give it a shot as a forum game :)

This is a game for as many people who want to join. Players will be assigned as either Traitors or Faithful. 

The Traitors job is to murder the Faithful and remain standing at the end of the game. 

The Faithfuls job is to work out who the Traitors are and to banish them. 

Each day all players will vote for who to banish from the game. The player who receives the most votes is removed. Their allegiance is revealed and they play no further part in the game. 

Each night the traitors will choose a single player to murder. The murdered player will be announced in the morning and they play no further part in the game. 

The game will start on New Year's Eve. The Traitors will start the game by choosing their first victim giving someone a lovely start to the new year.

The Faithful win by removing all Traitors from the game. 

The Traitors win when their numbers hit parity with that of the Faithful. 

How to play

Night: Each night the Traitors will send me the name of their intended victim.

Morning: The results of last nights murder is revealed.

Until 7pm: All remaining players vote in this thread on who they wish to banish from the game. The goal for Faithfuls here is to try and banish Traitors. After 7pm the player with the most votes is removed from the game and it becomes Night. To make it clear to me who you are voting for please put the name of your vote next to the :giggs: emoji.

I will do my best to stick to any timeframes. If I can't for whatever reason I will endeavour to give notice of any extensions required.

Rules

Under no circumstances must you share the contents of any private message from me with any other player.

PMs between players are permitted. I do however ask that you copy me into any such message as the moderator of the game.

If you think anyone has broken a rule then please do tell me.

If you think you've worked out a way to break the game in some way please run whatever you're thinking by me first.

Players

joeyt

Super Duper Branko Strupar

Jaqen

Froggy

midds

Ben

Chris_R

Troll

tgarve

Beren

Kaizero

toon25

gbandit

SEMTEX

Minhosa

David Edgar

The Prophet

Shak

Dokko

LiquidAK

Interpolic

Decky

Coco

Remaining: 5

Roles

The following roles have been revealed. Players are not permitted to reveal their role. Roles are not revealed upon death. 

Protector: Chooses 1 person each night to protect from murder.

Vigilante: A Faithful with the power to murder but dies themselves if they target a Faithful.

Defector: If targeted for murder can instead join the Traitors. 

Masons: Faithful who know the identities of their fellow Masons.

Double Agent: A Faithful who is inside the Traitors group. 

Detective: Each night can scan a player to determine if Faithful or Traitor. 

Edited by Cf

I'll be in but my main, probably stupid, question is how are the traitors supposed to be identified? Is it just a guess or how they're posting/acting? 

Also, how many of each will start the game? What's the ratio? 

6 minutes ago, midds said:

I'll be in but my main, probably stupid, question is how are the traitors supposed to be identified? Is it just a guess or how they're posting/acting? 

Also, how many of each will start the game? What's the ratio? 

To start with it's a bit of guesswork but over time you can start to look at voting patterns, sho had said what, who has been murdered, etc. 

In terms of numbers it depends how many entries we get and I'll finalize it when everyone is in. I will reveal how many Traitors there are at the start. 

Just now, Cf said:

To start with it's a bit of guesswork but over time you can start to look at voting patterns, sho had said what, who has been murdered, etc. 

In terms of numbers it depends how many entries we get and I'll finalize it when everyone is in. I will reveal how many Traitors there are at the start. 

Right, gotcha :thup:

We used to play it with a ratio of about 1 Mafia : 3-4 Peasants 

We also had a couple of extra roles but there’s no need to complicate it online. We had a doctor who could vote to save someone and they’d realise if they successfully saved someone. We also had a detective who could ask the organiser each round if someone was part of mafia. Neither the detective nor doctor could disclose their identity though