XBOX360 v Wii

Guest BooBoo

I'm considering getting a new games console in the new year but am a bit torn on which one. The new Nintendo is by far cheaper and looks quite fun. Is it however one of these gimmicks that will quickly get old? Are there any really good games for it? The newish XBox seems to be better equipped for traditional games and we do have an HDTV to use it on. I did however once borrow the original XBox and never got away with the style of controller.

Any info or tips welcome, thanks in advance.

bluebiggrin.gif

Guest Gemmill

I will confess to being slightly concerned about how many good games there are (or are likely to be) for the Wii.  That Zelda, which I gather everyone seems to like, is a fucking snoozefest if you ask me.  Mind all I've got is Wii Sports and Zelda so I basically haven't got a clue. :oops:

If anyone's got any Wii game recommendations, let me know please.  :thup:

Get a Wii, it's something new and exciting.  Anything an XBox 360 can do, a PC will be able to do in a few months anyway, if not already depending on how good your PC is. 

Therefore, Wii = value for money.

I was in a similar position, pondering what to get.  Then got none of them.  Fucking rip offs. blueeek.gif

Get a Wii, it's something new and exciting.  Anything an XBox 360 can do, a PC will be able to do in a few months anyway, if not already depending on how good your PC is. 

I was in a similar position, pondering what to get.  Then got none of them.  F***ing rip offs. blueeek.gif

....and these console games haven't really evolved in the last 10 years. bluesleep.gif

I was in a similar position, pondering what to get.  Then got none of them.  F***ing rip offs. blueeek.gif

....and these console games haven't really evolved in the last 10 years. bluesleep.gif

That's kind of why I wanted, or recommend, the Wii.  It's something new, although I have little doubt it'll just be the same rehashed, tired old ideas for games, but at least it's a different approach. 

XBox and Sony will just have the same old, same old, with the odd brand new excitement here and there, but nothing actually special.

Nintendo fucked up last time round with the GameCube, don't think that's going to happen this time though.  This is something different, not just a small box and a vision of the future.

Hope that helps, BooBoo.

I'm considering getting a new games console in the new year but am a bit torn on which one. The new Nintendo is by far cheaper and looks quite fun. Is it however one of these gimmicks that will quickly get old? Are there any really good games for it? The newish XBox seems to be better equipped for traditional games and we do have an HDTV to use it on. I did however once borrow the original XBox and never got away with the style of controller.

Any info or tips welcome, thanks in advance.

bluebiggrin.gif

get a 360. Less novelty, more good games & hurts alot less.

Or if you're feeling rich get both, at the end of the day the money will only go on other shit you dont really need anyway. Oh, and the controller is completely changed since original Xbox! i hated that giant mother fucker.

Warioware comes out on the 12th of Jan, sure to be fucking awesome.

http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25249462 has a short summary of the highest profile 2007 titles. There are plenty of games on that list bound to be stellar AAA titles, smash bros, mario Galaxy, Metroid, Fire Emblem, super paper mario, Animal Crossing and No More Heros will probably keep up the standard of their previous games, and then some of the rest have potential to be great, assuming the developers have time.

Guest Invicta_Toon

No one find it daft that we are getting closer and closer to acting out real life in front of our consoles?

At least with an X-Box you are confirmed socially excluded spotty teenager, Wii is just confusing things now

360, put it this way, you wouldn't trust yourself with a wii around a hdtv  :lol: Unless they have finally fixed the straps? Love my 360 though, wouldn't swap it for any other console. (Yet to see what the ps3 is like mind)

Cool :D

just been reading a bit more  on their HD DVD drive, stuff it will just hunt out a premium system, Granger Games has the premium system + 1 game for £285.

Some of the prices asked in the admag are crazy, dam fools.

I'm a danger to my kids anyway they don't call me Hitler for nothing :D  bluelaugh.gif

If the wii had been HD thats the one I would have beena fter mind, I love the look of the game play, but their would be a huge chance of me slinging that controller straight through my plasma.  bluebigeek.gif

We had a 360 when they first came out but the lack of games + the 24 hour stints on PGR3 forced us to sell it, would like another one though, there are a few games I really like the look of that are out now.

If youre a serious gamer then there is no choice really, its the 360.

Plus I hate it when people say "A PC will be able to do what a 360 does blah bla blah..."

Who in the hell wants to sit at ther PC playing either with a shit joypad or the keyboard when you could be lounging around on your bed/sofa getting pissed playing Pro Evo?

Plus the wii looks like it has PS1 graphics tbh.

Well it's better graphically than the CUbe, which had far better graphics than the PS1, especially when you look at stuff like Resident Evil 4.

I mostly play games with other people so I chose the Wii because it's excellent multiplayer.  If I played on my own a lot (ie single player or online) I'd have probably gone for the 360.