The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

605 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Just had a look at Redcafe, still a fair few saying it's the money we've spent since last January, even though they themselves spent more than that in the summer alone from a much better starting position.

The confidence in which people spout easily debunked nonsense is canny admirable tbh. It's the modern day "Pep is only good because he has the best players" even though it's very clear to see how well coached Manchester City and Barcelona are/were.

Couldn't care less what other fans think, they'll say/believe anything that makes them feel better about the situation. Deep down they know what we know, Eddie has masterminded the biggest comeback since Kim Kardashian with majority players he inherited. The same players that they laughed at us buying have us 2nd in the league.

Went for 5 and nah. Basically I can't call it.

We will be in with a shout but squeaky bum time will be crucial. My only main worry is that because of extra fixtures we might have problems with squad depth.

An injury to Bruno or Trippier would kill us.

January could be key.

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I think about a 3. We've given ourselves a helluva chance but even after 6 wins in a row there's very little in it between us and 6th. 

Yeah this. Incredible effort to date, but as the fixtures pile up I expect the bigger, better squads to overtake us.

I just cannot see who overtakes us other than Man City (obviously), Liverpool and maybe Spurs.

Providing Liverpool have sorted themselves out it basically comes down to whether or not Spurs can improve from here, they've pulled an unbelievable amount of points from nowhere so far this season.

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I just cannot see who overtakes us other than Man City (obviously), Liverpool and maybe Spurs.

Providing Liverpool have sorted themselves out it basically comes down to whether or not Spurs can improve from here, they've pulled an unbelievable amount of points from nowhere so far this season.

Ruling out Man U? Win their games in hand and they're only a point adrift.

I think top5 will be Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs and us. However, I'm still nervous about Man Utd now that Ronaldo has gone and ETH is finding his feet in the PL. If they can keep Eriksen injury free they will be in with a shout as well. I think he is playing even better now than before he died.

I’d still be happy with top 7, but I’m sure Howe, his staff and the players are aiming to finish in the top 4 now that we are actually in those places. January will be big in terms of who leaves and goes, a transformative player like Bruno could make all the difference. Some mates of mine are talking of looking to win the league, there is zero chance of that [emoji38] Top 4 would be dreamy though. Out of interest say we finished 4th, would we have a CL qualifier to make the groups?

Edited by King HTT III

1 hour ago, Stottie said:

Look at who we have left to play home and away. Especially home.

476347066_nufcresults.jpg.38e9a48d59b658f8d3ca37b1a712a3d8.jpg

Howe's home record in 2022. 

P17 W12 D4 L1 F30 A10 Pts 40

Keep that up and given who we can take points off at home, Top 4 looks likely. 

Think its absolutely huge that we play 4/6 of the 'big 6' as well as Brighton at SJP in the second half of that season.

26 minutes ago, King HTT III said:

I’d still be happy with top 7, but I’m sure Howe, his staff and the players are aiming to finish in the top 4 now that we are actually in those places. January will be big in terms of who leaves and goes, a transformative player like Bruno could make all the difference. Some mates of mine are talking of looking to win the league, there is zero chance of that [emoji38] Top 4 would be dreamy though. Out of interest say we finished 4th, would we have a CL qualifier to make the groups?

Nah, all four straight into the group stage now.

20 minutes ago, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Who beats us? 

This is the key thing, the way we are defending this season, if we score 1 goal per game (which is no struggle at the moment) then we are unlikely to lose.

Had a quick browse of a few opposition boards. The general consensus is that we're getting lucky and riding a wave of momentum.

The latter is definetly playing a part, but we're absolutely where we are on merit. I'm more than happy for other sides to continue to underestimate us.