The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

605 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Top half and a cup run for me, everything beyond that is a bonus.

I’m happy to consider the QF of the LC a cup run - beat Leicester and make the SF and it unarguably is.

Beat Leeds on NYE and we’re pretty much safe :) - so I reckon top half is almost nailed on.

The second half of the season is just going to be sheer bliss for me, irrespective of what happens.  Top four is possible, but I won’t be disappointed in any way if it doesn’t happen.

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Top half and a cup run for me, everything beyond that is a bonus.

I’m happy to consider the QF of the LC a cup run - beat Leicester and make the SF and it unarguably is.

Beat Leeds on NYE and we’re pretty much safe :) - so I reckon top half is almost nailed on.

The second half of the season is just going to be sheer bliss for me, irrespective of what happens.  Top four is possible, but I won’t be disappointed in any way if it doesn’t happen.

Jesus, the Ashley years have really scarred you! I suppose no matter what, you're going to be happy with expectations that low!

Just now, JumpersForGoalposts said:

Jesus, the Ashley years have really scarred you! I suppose no matter what, you're going to be happy with expectations that low!

Nah, just sticking to my pre-season expectations :).  And it’s made this season a complete delight - I’m not predicting that we’ll fall away, just saying that every game is completely stress-free for me.  Far more enjoyable than looking at the table and worrying about what Liverpool etc are doing. 

I think someone mentioned 72 points from the last 38 games, luck, aye right.

We are coming for them and they feckin know it.:memeyeah: 

That was in reply to SteV... 12 hours ago.[emoji38]

Edited by Doc

7 hours ago, King HTT III said:

I’d still be happy with top 7, but I’m sure Howe, his staff and the players are aiming to finish in the top 4 now that we are actually in those places. January will be big in terms of who leaves and goes, a transformative player like Bruno could make all the difference. Some mates of mine are talking of looking to win the league, there is zero chance of that [emoji38] Top 4 would be dreamy though. Out of interest say we finished 4th, would we have a CL qualifier to make the groups?

Nice to see you. Hope all is as fine and dandy as the footy. 

Still view top 6 as amazing achievement if we could do it. Top 4 looks really tight if the teams win their games in hand. That said we have no European distractions this season and the opportunity to strengthen in January. 

Out defence being so good gives me a fair bit of confidence, the other side's around us look like they could leak goals. It's going to really tight and competitive. 

3 hours ago, Rafalove said:

I am worried Liverpool they’ve beat us once this season.

They’ve got to come to our place though and we’ve got beef with them and that little rat who scored for them after that last match.

I think we’ll do them and Klopp will gurn his own face off. 

Liverpool home needs an Arsenal home last season atmosphere. Get the fans going. Saturday evening. If the players are readg and up for it, Klopp and his bunch won't know what'll hit them.

I think this transfer window maybe more important that some might think. If we have ambitions of staying in the top half,let alone top 4-6, we need extra quality players in to help sustain our push. A striker, a creative midfielder n possibly a top quality center back can help backup the squad should we sustain injuries to our key players. Some shrewd and clever signings and top 6 would be a good shout.

Edited by nufcjb

7 hours ago, buzz said:

Also Anderson (?) missing a point blank header in the last minute at Wolves 

Fred missed an open net and Rashford missed a free header from 6 yards out against you boys at Old Trafford. No point getting annoyed about the dropped points. :lol:

21 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Fred missed an open net and Rashford missed a free header from 6 yards out against you boys at Old Trafford. No point getting annoyed about the dropped points. :lol:

maybe… I think for me it’s the chalked off goals that really should have stood or the penalties not awarded. We’ve had a few rubs of the green ourselves of course but there was a disproportionate period of about 4 games in a row we were getting robbed.

missed sitters and the like I don’t get too bothered about.

If we get any form of Europe I’ll be chuffed. It’s felt like a lifetime since we last qualified or looked like a team deserving to be there. 

I think it’s important to appreciate the moment though. There should be no expectation, no disappointment, literally just enjoy the exciting and aggressive football we’re playing. We’ve been hopeless and rudderless for so long. 

You can already see a few fans getting carried away talking about title races, dropped points and champions league. If investment continues all that will come. This is a unique season, just enjoy it. 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I’m just wishing you’d taken the preseason bet I offered about us finishing above you. 

What was the bet? It's been an amazing first half of the season for you, but it still feels like we're in second gear at the minute. I'd be shocked and annoyed if you finished above us. :lol: I can't see it at all. Spurs though?

Edited by Froggy

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Been saying all season that Spurs are just a horrible team. They don't play a good brand of football but they've got a front 3 or 4 that's on par with anything in the world that get points from nothing.

I see some super computer predicted the final table and had Spurs in fourth, Newcastle in fifth and us in sixth. I'd vomit.