The Europeometer™ (2023/24) - permutations in O.P.

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

613 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Assuming City do the business today. I’m more worried about Brighton than Spurs. They look a serious side now, if they didn’t already before under Potter. 

I know there are still 17-18 games left to play. But I’m not sure Chelsea’s 10 signings will get it together in time. I also keep expecting Liverpool to turn the corner. But they seem to be picking up more injuries and getting worse. 

Top 6 looks like it should be well within our reach. Top 4 perhaps not. But it’s still outrageous how far we have come in a year. 

Spurs will possibly improve. They are only 4 points off after aying mostly shit this season. If they find some form they will overtake. Especially as they just got this new wing back which was one of their problem positions and also the option of danjuma to freshen up their attack. 

I think they are still most likely to get 4th. But ofcourse Brighton in the mix aswell. 

Don't think Liverpool or Chelsea will catch up to either of us now.

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Spurs are annoyingly consistent though. Absolutely shite, Kane aside, and getting results regardless. Brighton are the most in form team at the moment as well, they have a great chance 

They seem to have not missed the losses of some of their better players (Summer and Jan windows). Cucurella, Bissouma, Trossard (about £90m recouped).
I don’t know enough about their squad to know if they’ve bought well, but can’t recall any big money transfers. I do think they will miss Trossard though. Seemed to be involved in a lot of their goal scoring chances. 

It’s mental really , Spurs are supposedly having a terrible season , the fans going mad , want Levy out etc. We are having a brilliant season and yet is only 4 points between the two teams .

Edited by Geogaddi

Top 4 will probably require a drop off from Man U or Spurs, the latter will probably improve with injured players coming back. Man U will probably lose form at some point. Brighton look very very good right now, though I doubt they will sustain it for entire second half of season. 

We remain really really tough to beat which means we will keep accumulating points at a reasonable rate but can see us dropping more points until Bruno is back. It will be a slight disappointment now if we don't make top 4 but the truth is it is very early, the squad is not deep, just see how much we play Jacob Murphy. We absolutely still have a chance but I think I am below 50% in my head anyway. 

The squad knows now what is required to get top 4. Any of them under any illusions about the really high consistency of performance for the whole season needed should be dispelled. 

I am still annoyed at Man U and Spurs being close to us, they seemed to spend a lot of the season being utterly rubbish, and we won loads and only lost once and still they are there. I know we draw too much but it scrambles my brain a bit. We have never once in this season been terrible. Our only loss we didn't deserve. 

I just hope people don't get too pissed off if we don't reach top 4. It was always a tall order over a whole season and, like myself and others have said, we are ahead of schedule. The owners and management want to play the long game, and that's fine by me. 

A trophy this season would be very nice indeed, but again - not a disaster if it doesn't happen. It's already been a great year regardless. 

And you never know, there's probably a few twists and turns in this season yet. I'm just currently revelling in supporting the PL team with the fewest defeats. But we do have a lot of draws now, and that might be our undoing regarding CL places. We'll get bigger and better, it takes time. 

It’s a miracle we’re in the top 4, I wouldn’t be too gutted if we don’t maintain it. Really don’t care about specific league position as long as we’re playing well and progressing.

I’ve spent too long being worried about whether we’ll finish 19th or whatever, now I’m just enjoying the ride. 

I still think we’ve got a good chance though, we’re really hard to beat. 

36 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I am still annoyed at Man U and Spurs being close to us, they seemed to spend a lot of the season being utterly rubbish, and we won loads and only lost once and still they are there. I know we draw too much but it scrambles my brain a bit. We have never once in this season been terrible. Our only loss we didn't deserve. 

Strange enough take this. :lol: we've been good for 90% of the season. 

We're not close to you by the way, you're close to us. 

33 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s a miracle we’re in the top 4, I wouldn’t be too gutted if we don’t maintain it. Really don’t care about specific league position as long as we’re playing well and progressing.

I’ve spent too long being worried about whether we’ll finish 19th or whatever, now I’m just enjoying the ride. 

I still think we’ve got a good chance though, we’re really hard to beat. 

I think a lot of you (not you) are being super harsh on yourselves. It's squad depth. Your style of play requires a strong bench and your bench is poor. 

Said it earlier in the season, its only a matter of time before the depth is there. When you're able to bring quality subs on instead of Murphy you'll win games like yesterday. 

Gordon going to help massively. He's a good player. 

1 minute ago, Froggy said:

Strange enough take this. :lol: we've been good for 90% of the season. 

We're not close to you by the way, you're close to us. 

I think it’s just that you’ve already lost 5 and us one. Fact is though you’ve only failed to win 8, we’ve failed to win 11.

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

I think it’s just that you’ve already lost 5 and us one. Fact is though you’ve only failed to win 8, we’ve failed to win 11.

I get that but two of those were the first two games. Ten Hag was just in the job. We didn't have Casemiro yet and had to play McFred. We were also playing Maguire as Varane wasn't fit. 

Our only unacceptable result since August has been losing to Villa in my opinion. I'm very happy with that given that we're still in every competition as well.

I'd still be happy if we finished 5th. My expectations have raised since the beginning of the season, but not to the point I wouldn't see CL spot as a big bonus, rather than requirement. It would be incredible if we managed it and hung on, but 5th would still be a great achievement - and I'd be very happy in the Europa League. Below 5th and we've either let Liverpool or Chelsea catch us after terrible runs, or someone like Brighton - so that'd feel a bit of a disappointment now.

Yesterday was the first time in ages we drew a game that finished level on xG. All of the other draws were us missing chances. Yesterday we didn't create so many.

I'll personally start worrying about whether we are good enough for Top 4 when our xG falls off. An eyeball test of us missing chances would do too of course. It is possible to miss out due to us having good xG (i.e., creating chances) but not scoring (i.e., taking the chances), but that would mean that our strikers and AMs were not good enough. This is something many of us would have suspected anyway at the start of the season.

Play Gordon and Isak and I think we'll be okay.

3 minutes ago, Kanji said:

To freshen it up I’d be tempted to see a midfield 2 of Joelinton, Longstaff and a front 4 of Isak, Wilson, Gordon and Almiron in whichever way Howe sees fit.  

This would be my preference minus Bruno, but would be surprised to see it.

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

The way Chelsea and Liverpool are going we might be looking at 67-68 points rather than 71-72 points needed to get 4th.

I've wrote off Liverpool tbh they'll just try to win it now.if Chelsea didn't spunk loads of money I'd of wrote them off too,spurs and Brighton are our rivals

1 minute ago, astraguy said:

I've wrote off Liverpool tbh they'll just try to win it now.if Chelsea didn't spunk loads of money I'd of wrote them off too,spurs and Brighton are our rivals

Yep, might be off karma if Brighton pip us to fourth place, like we took the trophy off them (thanks due to Jack Grealish) on the last day of the Championship promotion season. 

2 hours ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

They seem to have not missed the losses of some of their better players (Summer and Jan windows). Cucurella, Bissouma, Trossard (about £90m recouped).
I don’t know enough about their squad to know if they’ve bought well, but can’t recall any big money transfers. I do think they will miss Trossard though. Seemed to be involved in a lot of their goal scoring chances. 

They have Mitoma so haven't and won't miss Trossard 

19 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

They have Mitoma so haven't and won't miss Trossard 

Just looked at Mitoma versus Trossard. 5 goals from 15 appearances  versus 7 goals from 16 appearances this season (B&HA). Think they both have an assist. Tough player to replace, but seemingly they have it covered.