The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

605 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

22 minutes ago, NUFCDoog said:

We're not finishing in the top 4 like, absolutely no chance.

We've had a phenomenal season whatever happens, no doubt (unless we lose no end of games between now and end of season and end up finishing 10th or something) but we're nowhere near good enough to finish in the top 4. We had a chance but our squad is so wafer thin, and the back ups we have so poor that we're going to slip up.

Top 6 would be fantastic, but that in itself brings more pressure for next season, we can't go backwards from that and the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea will be a lot better, it's a great conversation to be in but pressure on Howe and the team are going to be significantly different next season.

It's one thing to say you don't think we'll finish top 4 (as it happens I think we'll just miss out) but to say absolutely no chance whilst we are currently in 4th is a bit of a mad statement 

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

I don’t see us faltering away completely because we drew at home to West Ham :lol: 

the top 4 race is up in the air for a handful of teams. Hopefully we figure our attack out sooner than later as I think we’ve got the tactics and defense spot on. 

I think we needed to freshen up the squad a bit and bring a couple more players.  Gordon was a breath of fresh air.

24 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Interesting thread. Basically we're massively underperforming in terms of our xG, 4 open play goals from 8.63 xG since Boxing Day. Since the post WC restart we're 2nd to Man City in xG difference. We're just missing a lot of chances and yesterday was no different. On another day Wilson gets a hattrick if not a brace which he should've had at least.

We're not out of this race by any means.

Yeah very interesting. This stood out for me:

’For one last piece of context, in the last 47 days, #NUFC has played 11 games, one every 4.27 days. In the next 47 days, we play just 6 times. With a smallish squad, that extra recovery & focused coaching time should help lift performances as we chase for a top-4 spot.’

Dropping out of the top 4 and having something to chase might make it a bit easier if anything. At least in terms of fans expectations. At the moment it feels like we have something to lose when it shouldn't really. It's an amazing achievement we are where we are. 

16 minutes ago, Nine said:

A couple games ago we were nailed on, now because we didn’t sign a CM there’s no chance?

Some fans will never learn 

Think most people expected us to strenghten our midfield mind. We made it weaker and that will probably cost us a top 4 finish. IMO.

Last two matches you'd have thought there would have been a decent chance to gain a fair bit on Spurs, but it's them who have actually gained 4 points on us.

Palace (A), West Ham (H), 2 points

Fulham (A), Man City (H), 6 points

8 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Think most people expected us to strenghten our midfield mind. We made it weaker and that will probably cost us a top 4 finish. IMO.

I think with what we’ve been blessed with so far we should give management the benefit of the doubt when it comes to recruitment, we don’t know better.

No signing would have guaranteed top 4.

Edited by Nine

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Never thought a Spurs result would trigger mass hysteria on here :lol:

Gotta admit we’ve gone off the boil lately and had an opportunity to strengthen for a push for a champions league place but didn’t take it. Gain that CL place makes us attractive to elite players, sign those players then success follows. Being conservative, being afraid of FFP implications may cost us in the long run.

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

It's one thing to say you don't think we'll finish top 4 (as it happens I think we'll just miss out) but to say absolutely no chance whilst we are currently in 4th is a bit of a mad statement 

You should've seen the relegationometer last season :lol: