The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

605 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Next game week 

Liverpool v City 

Everton v Spurs 

Brighton v Brentford 

Us v Man United 

Tasty.

City
Draw
Draw
Toon to smash them 4-0 

Conte unloading completely on his players means they’ll either implode or go on a run. Pretty confident of beating them at home though.

If we beat Man U in two weeks then we have an even stronger chance of top four.

Edited by ExiledGeordie

13 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The more I care about Newcastle, the more I dislike other clubs. Find it fairly easy to dislike other clubs really, a bad comment, tackle, referee decision, fan interaction. Anything really and I’m happy to write them off 

Get that as well - I do hate arsenal, not because of tackles or anything but knowing them I’m London, they’re so self centred and never want to listen or talk about your club just their own.

Very boring in a pub to drink with

45 minutes ago, gbandit said:

The more I care about Newcastle, the more I dislike other clubs. Find it fairly easy to dislike other clubs really, a bad comment, tackle, referee decision, fan interaction. Anything really and I’m happy to write them off 

Absolutely this and the pettier the reason the better IMO.

Watching last night with my lass who doesn’t care for football in the room and she was saying I was a lot more animated than usual and I commented “I really don’t like Forest” gave her a list of totally minor reasons and her response was that I am  absolutely nuts which to the rational is probably fair.

29 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Get that as well - I do hate arsenal, not because of tackles or anything but knowing them I’m London, they’re so self centred and never want to listen or talk about your club just their own.

Very boring in a pub to drink with

One biggish club I don’t mind albeit the Arsenal fans I know are sound and I adored Wenger.

Subjective swings and roundabouts ain’t it?

2 minutes ago, Disco said:

Absolutely this and the pettier the reason the better IMO.

Watching last night with my lass who doesn’t care for football in the room and she was saying I was a lot more animated than usual and I commented “I really don’t like Forest” gave her a list of totally minor reasons and her response was that I am  absolutely nuts which to the rational is probably fair.

One biggish club I don’t mind albeit the Arsenal fans I know are sound and I adored Wenger.

Subjective swings and roundabouts ain’t it?

Totally - mind you recently I’ve been banging on a lot about us so forest fans I work with are probably saying the same about us at the minute.

2 hours ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Conte unloading completely on his players means they’ll either implode or go on a run. Pretty confident of beating them at home though.

If we beat Man U in two weeks then we have an even stronger chance of top four.

I'm in two minds about this. Conte did similar last season and he turned it around in the run in. I would love to think Spurs will implode, but more likely he's right, they are a bunch of comfortable bastards who need this sort of rocket up their arse. Hopefully they really are too comfortable and will just think, fuck him, let's wait for him to get sacked, but I doubt it. They are still in a great position to get top 4.

Can’t imagine Kane dribbling all over himself in his office in protest. Bloke only cares about personal records not honours. 

Would absolutely love them to implode although if you’re coming in as manager next season you’re buzzing or they’re free of Europe.

11 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

He's ranting all the time, isn't he? They're probs just bored of his patter by now. Imagine he's a pretty sulky presence generally. 

Has he? Genuinely asking, because if he has been then I agree with you like.

8 hours ago, TRon said:

I'm in two minds about this. Conte did similar last season and he turned it around in the run in. I would love to think Spurs will implode, but more likely he's right, they are a bunch of comfortable bastards who need this sort of rocket up their arse. Hopefully they really are too comfortable and will just think, fuck him, let's wait for him to get sacked, but I doubt it. They are still in a great position to get top 4.

I think he might provoke a reaction too but he’s on dangerous ground. The players might think fuck him let’s prove him wrong but either way he’s gone at the end of the season you wonder whether they have the fight for certain games. They still concede far too many goals and over reliant on Kane. 

The home match v Man U then 3 away games come before we play them at home. It’s all going to come to a head soon but as I said I’m pretty confident of beating them at home and a win against Man U could really ignite us.

I think we'll do it. 

After the Forest game, Neville and Carragher gave two different views about our prospects. Neville thought the greater experience of clubs like Liverpool, Man U and Spurs would make the difference. Carragher pointed out how, every time he'd seen us, we had always been mentally and physically up for the challenge. We seemed to rise above whatever pressure might exist at the time. I could see what he meant, because we don't seem to have off days, and hence we rarely lose.

I'm with Carra on this. Whatever happens, this team is not going to step aside and politely let the 'bigger' clubs through. They will have to get past us, and they don't seem to have the consistency to do that. 

27 minutes ago, Cronky said:

I think we'll do it. 

After the Forest game, Neville and Carragher gave two different views about our prospects. Neville thought the greater experience of clubs like Liverpool, Man U and Spurs would make the difference. Carragher pointed out how, every time he'd seen us, we had always been mentally and physically up for the challenge. We seemed to rise above whatever pressure might exist at the time. I could see what he meant, because we don't seem to have off days, and hence we rarely lose.

I'm with Carra on this. Whatever happens, this team is not going to step aside and politely let the 'bigger' clubs through. They will have to get past us, and they don't seem to have the consistency to do that. 

I think Nevilles point about the other clubs fighting for top 4 having more experience in this run in is a bit silly really. However I would say that they do still have an advantage over us in all having much better squads/benches to choose from and affect games/cover injuries, so that could well make a difference. Only have to look at who we'd have to replace Trippier to know that.

The next 6 games for us are a tough run in and that’s what I think Neville is getting at in terms on the experience of managing that type of situation.

I’m more interested in how we cope with the three away games in a week. It didn’t work out great last year when we had the same thing, but we’re a different side now so I’m expecting us to get some good points there 

I don't think Neville's thoughts are particularly wrong. I'm of the opinion that the usual suspects will just have too much about them even if they're not on form, whereas we need to be near-perfect for the rest of the season to keep up with that. Performance-wise, I believe in our team. But Isak for Wilson is probably what's gotten us the last two wins and if Isak doesn't keep this up, are we back to draws and narrow losses because no one can score to save their life? We've much finer margins to work with right now.

Im hopeful Europe and the loss of Casemiro will distract Man U. Its a shame Spurs and Liverpool don't have Europe but Spurs have got the FA Cup still, haven't they? Hopefully some fixture congestion at some point for them.

All in all, I believe in our lads to get a result every single week now but it comes down to taking the chances we always manage to make. I'm 50/50 on whether we get top four currently, and don't see that changing much until very late in the season as I see this going down to the wire.

20 minutes ago, wormy said:

I don't think Neville's thoughts are particularly wrong. I'm of the opinion that the usual suspects will just have too much about them even if they're not on form, whereas we need to be near-perfect for the rest of the season to keep up with that. Performance-wise, I believe in our team. But Isak for Wilson is probably what's gotten us the last two wins and if Isak doesn't keep this up, are we back to draws and narrow losses because no one can score to save their life? We've much finer margins to work with right now.

Im hopeful Europe and the loss of Casemiro will distract Man U. Its a shame Spurs and Liverpool don't have Europe but Spurs have got the FA Cup still, haven't they? Hopefully some fixture congestion at some point for them.

All in all, I believe in our lads to get a result every single week now but it comes down to taking the chances we always manage to make. I'm 50/50 on whether we get top four currently, and don't see that changing much until very late in the season as I see this going down to the wire.

Nah, Spurs are done in all other comps, hence Conte’s rant about never winning anything 

14 hours ago, Superior Acuña said:

Chelsea winning the CL wouldn't affect 4th getting CL. England would get 5 places. It only becomes an issue if both the CL and Europa was won by teams outside the top 4, as England can't have 6 places. 

https://www.premierleague.com/european-qualification-explained

So what would happen if Tottenham finish 3rd, we finish 4th and Man Utd 5th but Chelsea win Champions League and Man Utd win Europa League? Would we miss out on Champions League? 

Edit - Nevermind found the answer in the link must have missed it first time. If all above happens we'd end up finishing 4th but dropping into the Europa League. Thankfully there is no chance of Chelsea winning the CL

Edited by Pokerprince2004

I just realised how tough our run in is....

• Sun 02-Apr -Manchester United(h)  
  • Wed 05-Apr -  West Ham(a)         
  • Sat 08-Apr - Brentford(a)         
  • Sat 15-Apr - Aston Villa(a)         
  • Sun 23-Apr - Tottenham(h)         
  • Thu 27-Apr - Everton(a)         
  • Sun 30-Apr - Southampton(h)         
  • Sat 06-May- Arsenal(h)         
  • Sat 13-May- Leeds United(a)         
  • Sat 20-May - Leicester City(h)         
  • Sun 28-May - Chelsea(a)         
  • Date tbc Brighton(h)