The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

605 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Still 4. Need more attacking quality.

We do but if we keep conceding goals at the rate we are we will have conceded the 3rd least amount of goals in a season since the premier league's inception.  I think I've already posted this I can't remember. Sorry not feeling 100% if I have.

Crystal Palace (A) - 1 point needed

West Ham (H) - 3 points required 

Bournemouth (A) - 3 points required

Liverpool (H) - 3 points required

Brighton (H) - 3 points required

Man City (A) - 0 points required

Wolves (H) - 3 points required

Nottingham Forest (A) - 1 point required

Manchester United (H) - 0 points required 

Brentford (A) - 0 points required

Aston Villa (A) - 1 point required

Spurs (H) - 1 point required

Everton (A) - 3 points required

Southampton (H) - 3 points required

Arsenal (H) - 0 points required

Leeds (A) - 3 points required

Leicester (H) - 3 points required

Chelsea (A) - 0 points required

West Ham (A) - 3 points required

Weird idea (bare with me) :lol:

Will there come a point in the net few weeks/months whereby Liverpool and/or Chelsea accept they're not going to finish in the CL? Will they then be so average that they finish 7th or 8th and avoid ALL European football for 23/24 which will undoubtedly help their respective League campaigns next season? As in, writing this season off early and phoning it in? 

Fully aware it's a bit tinfoil hat btw :lol:

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Will there come a point in the net few weeks/months whereby Liverpool and/or Chelsea accept they're not going to finish in the CL? Will they then be so average that they finish 7th or 8th and avoid ALL European football for 23/24 which will undoubtedly help their respective League campaigns next season? As in, writing this season off early and phoning it in? 

Whether they consciously phone it in or not, it already looks like they both have been at times, there will likely come a point when it is clear that this season is a write off—particularly for Chelsea. 

15 minutes ago, midds said:

Liverpool still have the FA Cup, so if they win that then they will be in the Europa League anyway, but no, I think most sides would prefer to be in the Europa League than nothing, maybe not so much the Conference, but the CL bonus from winning it definitely adds a dimension to it, especially when (bar last season) you see some of the sides making the final:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_UEFA_Cup_and_Europa_League_finals

It's not done Arsenal any harm this season (or Man Utd), and if you win your group then you're just looking at 13 matches in total, and some of the earlier ones will probably be against very weak opposition - Man U had Sheriff and that Cyprus team in their group.

After Leicester we were 7 points clear of 5th but 5th had two games in hand, even after 1 win in 4 that's 6 points. Brighton can go within 5 if they win their game in hand.

I reckon beat Brighton, get 4 points from West Ham and Bournemouth minimum, then a draw v Liverpool and we'll be favourites to get top 4.

That's a big result for us and actually makes our point gained away at Palace all the more valuable. Nice gap to 5th now and a little break from the league before a good chance to extend the gap even more against West Ham.

2 minutes ago, RowZwivmyed said:

I think Eddie has taken us as far as he can and the air’s getting too rich for him up at the top end of the table. Let’s get that nutter from Athletico Mad in to consolidate top four. 

I agree.

17 places in 9 months of football isn't enough. Get rid. Quick.

3 minutes ago, RowZwivmyed said:

I think Eddie has taken us as far as he can and the air’s getting too rich for him up at the top end of the table. Let’s get that nutter from Athletico Mad in to consolidate top four. 

Mag