The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

610 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

7 hours ago, wormy said:

I'd have no complaints if it went back to cup runners up getting a European spot, and not just because we would've all but secured our route already this season. :aww:

I can't explain why but it feels wrong that European spots can drop all the way to 7th in the League. Aren't top coefficient countries going to get a 5th CL spot in future? Is that an extra spot even if an English club wins the CL or EL, meaning we could end up with six clubs in the CL? We could be looking at 9th in the league getting a spot in Europe if everything aligned. Just seems ridiculous.

That's correct, so for the 2024-25 season the top 2 coefficient countries will get an extra spot, which basically means for next season finishing 5th gets you CL (Unless the winners of both CL/EL finish outside of 5th)

The 2 countries are likely to be England and Spain 

Edited by Geordie Ahmed

Let's campaign for the re-instatement for the one club per city rule, that existed in Fairs Cup and the UEFA cup until 1975. The only trophy that we've won during my lifetime was down to that. We finished 10th the previous season, but three clubs that finished higher than us didn't qualify because of that rule.

They can only say no.

The last two games finish 1-1 before the run of three games (Cup Final plus Liverpool & City) without a fully fit Isak. If Isak had not had the injury first half of the season, and we had him fully match fit straight after the World Cup, I've no doubt even just 3 of those 0-0s or 1-1s would have ended up as wins. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Did one of those predictor things and ended up with:

3rd Man U: 75

4th Newcatle: 68

5th Spurs: 64

6th Liverpool: 60

I wasn't overly positive either. Had us drawing at home to Brighton, drawing away to Villa and getting beat off Arsenal. Had us beating both Spurs and Man United at home like.

I know these things are hard to predict but it certainly suggests we have a chance.

Huge weekend this, could end up 3rd, Liverpool at Man city and Spurs at Everton, don't think either of them will win, if we can beat Man United we would likely be 8 points ahead of Liverpool and level with Spurs but having two games in hand, we would be clear favourites for 4th.

This week is potentially season defining stuff.

Us v Man United 

Us v Brentford

Man United v Brentford

Spurs v Brighton 

Brighton v Brentford

City v Liverpool

Chelsea v Liverpool 

Liverpool v Arsenal 

Edited by The Prophet

17 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

This week is potentially season defining stuff.

Us v Man United 

Us v Brentford

Man United v Brentford

Spurs v Brighton 

Brighton v Brentford

City v Liverpool

Chelsea v Liverpool 

Liverpool v Arsenal 

Spurs away to Everton Monday as well which I don’t think they will win. If we can win Sunday then even three draws in them three away games will have us in pole position for 4th looking at who Spurs and Liverpool play in the same time .

Edited by Geogaddi

We’ve got the ‘hardest’ games left of all 3 from a quick fixture check. But this next week is absolutely massive for all the teams involved. I’d say we make top 4 if we come out ahead come the end of next weekend 

4 hours ago, andyc35i said:

We’ve got the ‘hardest’ games left of all 3 from a quick fixture check. But this next week is absolutely massive for all the teams involved. I’d say we make top 4 if we come out ahead come the end of next weekend 

Difficult to say this season, currently every club has something to play for so no easy games.

Liverpool have been flaky AF all season. Spurs concern me a bit just because they have been underperforming considering their personnel, and a caretaker manager can sometimes provide a weird boost to morale and form. 

It's really in our hands though imo, with the inconsistency of the sides around us. Pick up approx 2 points a game til the end of the season and we'll get top 4 without worrying too much about looking over our shoulder, imo. 

Well this weekend couldn't really have gone much better so far. Just need to do the business ourselves tomorrow and we are going to be favourites for a top four finish I reckon.

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Well this weekend couldn't really have gone much better so far. Just need to do the business ourselves tomorrow and we are going to be favourites for a top four finish I reckon.

We've been 4th favourites for couple of weeks, win and we might be 3rd in the betting but I think it'll still be manu.

1 minute ago, frankpingel said:

We've been 4th favourites for couple of weeks, win and we might be 3rd in the betting but I think it'll still be manu.

Yeah I was talking about 4th place tbh, that'll do me.

1 minute ago, frankpingel said:

Yer 4th favourites for top 4 place. So ahead of Spurs, Liverpool ect in the betting.

Which is no small feat considering the money spent by Liverpool and Chelsea in particular. It's frankly astonishing Frank.

5 hours ago, Stottie said:

Liverpool's away form is now 

P14 W3 D3 L8 F14 A24 -10 Pts 12

That's worse than Southampton who are bottom. 

Mad to think they’ve won 9-0 and 7-0 this season and their GD is still only +15

Obviously I would love a top 4 finish, but we need to get over the line for just Europe 1st, and we need to get that distance between us, Liverpool, and Brighton. To a lesser extent Brentford, but I think they will drop off soon in anyway.

As someone has already said, let’s get Europe 1st, and then see if we are in a shout of the top 4, although knowing our luck we would finish 4th, and then Chelsea will win the Champions League, and Man Utd the Europa League, and we would not get a Champions League spot.

What gives me a lot of confidence is that Howe won't be looking at it as "let's secure x, then look at y" beyond "just win the next game". We'll approach every game like it's the only thing that matters, and then we'll finish where we finish. Fans can look ahead and think about how many points we need to achieve certain milestones, but the management and the players will just focus on it a game at a time.