The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

605 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

2 hours ago, toon25 said:

We're not losing, but we need a couple of bodies in to turn some of these draws into wins. Bench options are still absolutely shocking.

Won 8 of the last 11 tbf. Bench does need upgrading though obviously

Our 8 draws do stand out like.

More than Arsenal, City and Man U have combined. Suppose the positive way to view it is that they're games other teams are losing.

Good round of fixtures for us, though.

Liverpool losing while we get a point at Arsenal is great.

Man U have some really tough fixtures coming up, while our next four are favourable.

God I hope we bring in a couple of really good additions this window. The drop off from our 11th best player to our 15th best player is fucking immense.

I've no fear of any team. We'll probably lose games before the end of the year but we'll show up and give anyone a game with Howe in charge. I just hope we have the quality to get as much from our play as a team as we can.

20 minutes ago, Shak said:

Our 8 draws do stand out like.

More than Arsenal, City and Man U have combined. Suppose the positive way to view it is that they're games other teams are losing.

Good round of fixtures for us, though.

Liverpool losing while we get a point at Arsenal is great.

Man U have some really tough fixtures coming up, while our next four are favourable.

God I hope we bring in a couple of really good additions this window. The drop off from our 11th best player to our 15th best player is fucking immense.

I've no fear of any team. We'll probably lose games before the end of the year but we'll show up and give anyone a game with Howe in charge. I just hope we have the quality to get as much from our play as a team as we can.

Manure’s next 2 league games could make or break them.

if they beat city h and arsenal a they will be flying. 

But If they lose to city and arsenal and we pick up 6 points as do others, then that’s going to knock them back severely. 

I can see them losing both of those, they have beaten wolves, Bournemouth and forest. They are not going to arsenal and getting 3 points. 

as you say we have a favourable run of 4 games, bloody exciting times. 

10 hours ago, Miggys First Goal said:

It's all over, lads. FiveThirtyEight have spoken. Fifth it is.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/soccer-predictions/premier-league/

The supercomputer has raised Liverpool's estimated point total by one to 69 after our draw at the Emirates. So we are still behind them.

Their defence is "0.6", despite conceding twice as many goals as our "0.5" one.

It's like when the BBC extended their top half table to 11th position.

City H, Man U A, Brighton A, Arsenal A = good draws

Bournemouth, Wolves - off days, not at the races. However, both cases of rescuing a points. Bournemouth pen was very jammy.

Palace - robbed

Leeds - created enough, but not our day, terrible conditions

Palace is the vexing one.

The draws we have this season are a sign of progression I think. The old saying "if you can't win the game, don't lose it" comes to mind.

Probably goes without saying but in previous season of those 8 draws we'd have no doubt lost 4/5 of them. 

If we're serious about top 4, we need 2 quality additions imo.

Our lack of quality will tell otherwise.

Burn

Longstaff

Murphy

Wood

Really stood out as weak links yesterday.

I don't think any of the top 6 are Man Utd-Ragnick era of useless. We could do nothing wrong and easily finish 7th. The standard is that high this year.

Edit: Actually Chelsea might be that bad. Awful side. Spurs are terrible too but will get 60-odd points minimum.

An injury to Botman or Bruno and we are fucked. Top 4 isn’t impossible but we are gonna need a lot of luck when it comes to injuries and so on. We don’t have depth.  Hopefully we can make some signings. 

I wouldn’t say fucked though, Butnit would hurt us badly. Could move Burn inside but then we have no LB as it is.

Edited by Ikon

We have pretty much been in champions league form for the best part of a year now, I see no reason why that would end all of a sudden, Liverpool and Man United are the ones we need to worry about, if we finish above one of them we will be in the top 4 no doubt about it. Chelsea aren't making up ten points on us, they have two games in hand but they are against Liverpool and Man City, Spurs are shot to bits.

Edited by Geogaddi

Spurs lost 11 and finished 4th last season, Chelsea 6 and finished 3rd. 

Season before 3rd and 4th both lost 9 and 2nd 6. 

Are we really going to lose a 3rd of our remaining games? Get a couple of quality additions + Isak and we have a massive shout of top 4. 

36 minutes ago, Decky said:

Another way to look at it is that our home games are more difficult for the rest of the season. Most of the teams we should be beating are away games. 

That's ass backwards logic if ever I've seen it.

49 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Actually the only team we haven’t played in the top 8 away is Man City.

interesting laying out that table in that format, we’ve played most of our difficult away games already, but we’ve also already played our easiest home games.

7 minutes ago, James said:

Actually the only team we haven’t played in the top 8 away is Man City.

interesting laying out that table in that format, we’ve played most of our difficult away games already, but we’ve also already played our easiest home games.

Well, aye... [emoji38]

It's almost like we play every fucker home and away. 

Isak is a massive + for me. Its genuinely like we have just spent 60m on a front man.

We need a CM to keep quality in there, should Bruno miss a few games but apart from that we are cooking on gas.

1 hour ago, Elliottman said:

Spurs lost 11 and finished 4th last season, Chelsea 6 and finished 3rd. 

Season before 3rd and 4th both lost 9 and 2nd 6. 

Are we really going to lose a 3rd of our remaining games? Get a couple of quality additions + Isak and we have a massive shout of top 4. 

We are in with a great chance of a top 4 finish, you could argue that we've got this far with our key strikers missing for a significant number of games. But you do have to bear in mind the likes of Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U have been building higher value squads for a long time now, they can cope with injuries better usually. Although of those, Spurs don't look particularly impressive any more with Son's performances falling off a cliff.