The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

605 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

13 minutes ago, oldtype said:

As a fanbase, we should probably look to them as an example of what not to become as the club grows: entitled children who throw a fit every time they miss the CL.

There are a lot of good teams with tons of resources now. With the possible exception of City, nobody is going to make it 100% of the time. 

When Pep goes…

Even with all that financial muscle a poor manager or board could see them slip as Chelsea and Man Utd have.  A hefty points deduction would work as well.

On 23/05/2023 at 12:35, 54 said:

So now that we have actually achieved top four and Champions League football, what goal/ moment was the moment you started to genuinely believe it was possible.

For me it's the Man United demolition just after our post League Cup slump.

Willock's goal against Chelsea going into the WC, Chelsea weren't that bad at the time.

Remember, these are the cunts who wanted to take away the possibility of us having a good season and qualifying ahead of them, both by being massive supporters of the Super League, and also by trying to push through new qualification rules for the Champions League.

They wanted to rob us of this moment, and they wanted to make sure that they would be there forever, no matter if they had a bad season like this one.

On 23/05/2023 at 19:35, 54 said:

So now that we have actually achieved top four and Champions League football, what goal/ moment was the moment you started to genuinely believe it was possible.

For me it's the Man United demolition just after our post League Cup slump.

I'm going to say 2 points in the season.

1. The win against Wolves at home to stop our slump.

2. Isak penalty vs Forest. Turned 1 point into 3 before the international break and next match was Man Utd at home. That was when the belief we could do it started again.

10 hours ago, midds said:

Again, I was referring to the league placings. 

I'm obviously a bit out of the loop, as I remember the time Man U used to win or compete for the league and went deep in the CL every season. I clearly missed the memo about winning a spunky league Cup and finishing top 4 as now constituting success. The bar has dropped massively so it seems. 20 years ago that would have seen the Man U manager chased out of town, now it's celebrated and a huge success. Time wins   

Remember when manure were too big to play in the fa cup? Now the league cup is monumental. 

What I quite like about the Liverpool reaction over the last few days is that I think most of them genuinely believed they were going to catch us up until the Brighton game. The meltdown has been quite glorious on twitter since  last night. 

9 hours ago, oldtype said:

As a fanbase, we should probably look to them as an example of what not to become as the club grows: entitled children who throw a fit every time they miss the CL.

There are a lot of good teams with tons of resources now. With the possible exception of City, nobody is going to make it 100% of the time. 

Good luck :lol:

RAWK forum is worth a read. Some are proposing a new British Superleague that involves handpicked 'non-cheating' teams (i.e. no man city and Newcastle) but does involve the likes of Celtic, Shamrock Rovers Glentoran, themselves (of course), Arsenal and Villa. 

In fairness, many of the Liverpool fans have called it out as a batshit crazy idea and suggested that it might be better to just regroup and try again next season. 

Just now, Boey_Jarton said:

RAWK forum is worth a read. Some are proposing a new British Superleague that involves handpicked 'non-cheating' teams (i.e. no man city and Newcastle) but does involve the likes of Celtic, Shamrock Rovers Glentoran, themselves (of course), Arsenal and Villa. 

In fairness, many of the Liverpool fans have called it out as a batshit crazy idea and suggested that it might be better to just regroup and try again next season. 

Beyond a parody. They aren’t winning anymore so they want to take the ball away :lol: