The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

610 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

It's still sinking in that we actually did it.  I'm so used to something going wrong to get it over the line feels so good.  The extra cash, advertising money, transfer advantage of being in it, looking forward to the draw and then actually playing in it again after the Ashley years feels unreal.  

5 hours ago, 54 said:

So now that we have actually achieved top four and Champions League football, what goal/ moment was the moment you started to genuinely believe it was possible.

For me it's the Man United demolition just after our post League Cup slump.

Spurs.

6 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

It's still sinking in that we actually did it.  I'm so used to something going wrong to get it over the line feels so good.  The extra cash, advertising money, transfer advantage of being in it, looking forward to the draw and then actually playing in it again after the Ashley years feels unreal.  

I don’t think there will be a massive transfer boost with just one season, the first in 20 years. We’ll need to prove that we will do it time and time again to get the real transfer boost.

8 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

93/94 was the best of the Keegan era for me, 01/02 Robson’s, and this is pretty much up there.  Would still go for 93/94 given two years earlier we were nearly relegated to the third division and possible bankruptcy, and no-one who wasn’t Stevie Charlton’s age had ever seen a finish that high.  This season is right up there, but many of us have seen this before - doesn’t make it any less great, but just slightly shaves a tiny bit of edge off.  So it might be my second favourite :) 

Was out walking the dog this morning and I thought of him, what a pity a fan like him would not be still around to see last night. Still remember having a season ticket in the Milburn paddocks in 92/93 and he used to give KK boiled sweets, quality

Edited by LionOfGosforth

On 19/05/2023 at 11:35, Gazzaschicken said:

I'm sending a save the date to anyone I know who supports the makums so when they ask what it's for I'm going to respond "champions league group draw"

August 31st. ;) You can do it now :thup:

Someone was mentioning favorite moments this season on the way up and I just want to shout out an honorable mention to Murphy waving the Southampton dude off the pitch. :lol: 

jacob-murphy-nufc.gif

edit: it was in the cup but still a funny highlight from the season. :lol: 

Edited by cubaricho

What a day I've had man, I've been on cloud nine all day. Probably a bit niche for on here like but in the world of truck driving you always see trucks sporting the flags and paraphernalia of the team the driver supports none moreso than Liverpool fans. I had the pleasure of bumping into two of these lot today and the look on their faces when they clocked my big fuck of black and white flag was priceless. Never thought id see the day when we were relevant to Liverpool fans again and I was loving every second!

3 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

What a day I've had man, I've been on cloud nine all day. Probably a bit niche for on here like but in the world of truck driving you always see trucks sporting the flags and paraphernalia of the team the driver supports none moreso than Liverpool fans. I had the pleasure of bumping into two of these lot today and the look on their faces when they clocked my big fuck of black and white flag was priceless. Never thought id see the day when we were relevant to Liverpool fans again and I was loving every second!

Pics or it didn’t happen man!

47 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Someone was mentioning favorite moments this season on the way up and I just want to shout out an honorable mention to Murphy waving the Southampton dude off the pitch. :lol: 

jacob-murphy-nufc.gif

edit: it was in the cup but still a funny highlight from the season. :lol: 

Ha, that seems like ages ago and I had kind of forgotten about that. Not sure many people had more fun this season than Jacob Murphy.

Just now, timeEd32 said:

Ha, that seems like ages ago and I had kind of forgotten about that. Not sure many people had more fun this season than Jacob Murphy.

Boyhood fan living his actual dream. Couldn’t get better than that. 

17 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

Boyhood fan living his actual dream. Couldn’t get better than that. 

I nearly welled up watching his interview last night. Can tell it genuinely meant so much to him.

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

Bumped into two of them?  You still employed as a truck driver?:lol:

Not sure where to put this but over half the value of the sale of the club coming back in after just 1 full season [emoji38]

Also I think what is a real positive is that to PIF it's made it clear that investment = success. Not that I didn't think they would hold back anyway, but it gives Eddie a huge swing in asking for as much investment as possible, and PIF can clearly see it has its rewards. 

Edited by Scotty66

image.png.e2ee47f16a3fffdb9b6c6a9417ec5fd1.png

What Howe's done is phenomenal. You can literally see the progress we've made over the last 18 months and we're now a legit top team. We're not perfect and we'll get better but that's fucking astonishing. To take the rabble he inherited from Bruce to CL football in 18 months is breath-taking. I accept we've spent a decent bit of cash recently but that doesn't guarantee anything at all, plenty of teams have thrown £200m at it and failed. We've turned it around and barged in on the accepted 6, we're there now and we deserve to be. We're now at the table and we'll be pretty fucking hard to shift now.  

On 22/05/2023 at 22:14, Troll said:

I wonder how RAWK are taking this?

Screenshot2023-05-22at22_13_39.thumb.png.8acd5693fc20f21381dfbed3c9cfd6bc.png

One of their replies. 

We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Re: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab

« Reply #21051 on: May 22, 2023, 11:28:56 pm »

So many people around the world are going to watch Newcastle vs Leipzig next year with great enthusiasm

Isn't one of the problems with the CL seeing the same teams over and over again? As a neutral if it had been say Villa and not us, give me Villa v Leipzig over Liverpool v Roma for instance. 

2 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

One of their replies. 

We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Re: Newcastle - RIP Jamal Khashoggi; Free Salma al-Shehab

« Reply #21051 on: May 22, 2023, 11:28:56 pm »

So many people around the world are going to watch Newcastle vs Leipzig next year with great enthusiasm

Isn't one of the problems with the CL seeing the same teams over and over again? As a neutral if it had been say Villa and not us, give me Villa v Leipzig over Liverpool v Roma for instance. 

They are just bitter, it’s pure salt because we qualified and they didn’t. 

They would have well to remember they qualifying for the ECL is based on merit and we earned it. You can see why they want a super league on RAWK because they are terrified of competition either the deck is stacked or they are not playing. 

9 hours ago, midds said:

image.png.e2ee47f16a3fffdb9b6c6a9417ec5fd1.png

What Howe's done is phenomenal. You can literally see the progress we've made over the last 18 months and we're now a legit top team. We're not perfect and we'll get better but that's fucking astonishing. To take the rabble he inherited from Bruce to CL football in 18 months is breath-taking. I accept we've spent a decent bit of cash recently but that doesn't guarantee anything at all, plenty of teams have thrown £200m at it and failed. We've turned it around and barged in on the accepted 6, we're there now and we deserve to be. We're now at the table and we'll be pretty fucking hard to shift now.  

This! :clap: