The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

610 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

1 hour ago, GideonShandy said:

Not sure if this will be viewable on here because it's from NBC Sports and ESPN, but it's just gone up on the video site that begins with Y.

"Exploring the DNA and Culture of Newcastle United"   8 minutes of glorious stuff.  

VPN'd it. Quality watch

1 hour ago, GideonShandy said:

Not sure if this will be viewable on here because it's from NBC Sports and ESPN, but it's just gone up on the video site that begins with Y.

"Exploring the DNA and Culture of Newcastle United"   8 minutes of glorious stuff.  

Great watch!

2 hours ago, GideonShandy said:

https://uploadnow.io/s/6defa085-bf16-47a6-b305-972ec1310538?o=t

I hope I haven't broken any rules...

Edited by Menace

9 hours ago, midds said:

They've largely stood still while we've leapfrogged a dozen or more teams. Not how much you spend it's how you spend it. 

Still maintain Ashworth, Howe and Eales are our 3 best signings we've made since the takeover

Obviously if people are saying that (never heard that opinion from anyone, anywhere) on RedCafe they're absolute idiots.

In response to the "it's how you spend it" comment, Casemiro, Eriksen and Martinez are some of the best signings of the season. Antony has been a dud, but to be fair to Ten Hag he asked for him when his price was half of what we paid.  No more disappointing than Gordon for £45m though. Both have time to improve and a lot more would be expected from both next season I would imagine.

We haven't largely stood still at all though. We've won our first trophy in 6 years, in another cup final, and we're already 11 points better off in the league than last season and still have two more games to play. This was with numerous bad injuries and no striker. I'm not counting Weghorst. :lol:

Something very vital to remember, which nobody gives us any credit for, is the sheer amount of games we have played. When the season finishes, we will have played 17 more games than you. 62 in total. Our side, despite being riddled with injuries, played twice a week every week from September to May. 

You've had a brilliant season, but we've had a very good one ourselves, provided we get one more point. :lol: No need to try and downplay our achievements because a minority in our fanbase is threatened by how well you've done.

31 minutes ago, Froggy said:

Obviously if people are saying that (never heard that opinion from anyone, anywhere) on RedCafe they're absolute idiots.

In response to the "it's how you spend it" comment, Casemiro, Eriksen and Martinez are some of the best signings of the season. Antony has been a dud, but to be fair to Ten Hag he asked for him when his price was half of what we paid.  No more disappointing than Gordon for £45m though. Both have time to improve and a lot more would be expected from both next season I would imagine.

We haven't largely stood still at all though. We've won our first trophy in 6 years, in another cup final, and we're already 11 points better off in the league than last season and still have two more games to play. This was with numerous bad injuries and no striker. I'm not counting Weghorst. :lol:

Something very vital to remember, which nobody gives us any credit for, is the sheer amount of games we have played. When the season finishes, we will have played 17 more games than you. 62 in total. Our side, despite being riddled with injuries, played twice a week every week from September to May. 

You've had a brilliant season, but we've had a very good one ourselves, provided we get one more point. :lol: No need to try and downplay our achievements because a minority in our fanbase is threatened by how well you've done.

I agree with Froggy. I think Man Utd have had a really good season and the starting 11 is good with Eriksen & Casemiro as the CM's. I would be concerned about the low GD issue, however this will be solved with the signing of a proven striker. 

They will challenge top 4 and above next season. 

13 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I agree with Froggy. I think Man Utd have had a really good season and the starting 11 is good with Eriksen & Casemiro as the CM's. I would be concerned about the low GD issue, however this will be solved with the signing of a proven striker. 

Top 4, a cup, another cup final, good run in Europe ultimately ending in fairly horrific circumstances after a mad last 10 in the first leg, plus likely finishing 3rd.

Only Man City would currently sniff at a season like that quite frankly, plus the entitled Scouse cunts who think they’re owed a quadruple each year. Everyone else it’s a good or great one. 

2 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

ending in fairly horrific circumstances after a mad last 10 in the first leg

Two own goals in the 84th and 92nd minute. :lol: Unbelievable luck after we had completely blown them away in the first half.

Saying that, it's Sevilla in the Europa League. Could have went into the second leg 4-0 up and they would have found a way.

1 hour ago, Froggy said:

You can’t say someone would have been a good signing if they’d only cost half the price man 😂

3 hours ago, Froggy said:

I was referring to the league tbh. Man U PL finishes since 2017 are 6th, 2nd, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 6th and probably 3rd again this year. It's pretty consistent and relatively unspectacular. It was a direct comparison to the number of places we've moved up the league since January 22. 

Just now, midds said:

I was referring to the league tbh. Man U PL finishes since 2017 are 6th, 2nd, 6th, 3rd, 2nd, 6th and probably 3rd again this year. It's pretty consistent and relatively unspectacular. It was a direct comparison to the number of places we've moved up the league since January 22. 

Your season has been spectacular no doubt, but we were absolutely fucking dogshit last season. :lol: A lot of fans would call our season spectacular if we finish in the top four and win a cup.

2 hours ago, aussiemag said:

in fairness its an improvement on last season when they finished with a GD of zero.  6th place and a zero GD, mental! :lol:

1 hour ago, Phil said:

in fairness its an improvement on last season when they finished with a GD of zero.  6th place and a zero GD, mental! :lol:

They've returned to where they were the season before that under Ole.  But significantly worse GD and losing 3 games more:

This year:

image.thumb.png.4b23b3bce87cb9ddc1c494fe9d06d5d3.png

20/21

image.thumb.png.c78ba226d209ef4a53ed7c053c2d5143.png

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

2 hours ago, Froggy said:

Your season has been spectacular no doubt, but we were absolutely fucking dogshit last season. :lol: A lot of fans would call our season spectacular if we finish in the top four and win a cup.

Can we at least agree that Shearer turned you down? [emoji38]

5 hours ago, aussiemag said:

The low GD is partly due to 4-0 vs Brentford, 7-0 vs Liverpool and 6-3 vs City. Still not better than our GD even if you gave them +14, but more than 40% of the goals that they've conceded are from those 3 games. They've kept 17 clean sheets and conceded just 8 goals from 17 games at home. That's crazy good. As you say, if they had a good striker they would've been cooking for real.

Edited by Erikse

6 hours ago, Froggy said:

I agree, last summer was probably your best window in a very long time. You have wasted a lot of money in previous windows on players that didn't work out or wasn't worth the tag, but last summer was really good.