The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

610 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

Many Liverpool fans have an interesting definition of cheating and fairness when it comes to football ownership. 

As an honest Newcastle fan, I will admit that it isn't in the spirit of football to have sovereign nations connected with football ownership.

That ship has sailed unfortunately and you can argue that the fairest system is one where any club, from around the world, is able to have unrestricted investment to help it grow. 

Their definition of fairness is that every club should lock into the wealth and revenues they have now (which is a function of historical success and whether the club has been run sensibly) and that should never be able to change for eternity. All clubs should respect their place in the pecking order and no investment should be allowed to change that. 

Liverpool fans conveniently forget they were owned by the owners of the Football Pools in the days before the National Lottery. Everyone did the Pools back then, it was massive. All other clubs were owned by the local butcher, they had a massive advantage.

3 minutes ago, TwoForJoy said:

Liverpool fans conveniently forget they were owned by the owners of the Football Pools in the days before the National Lottery. Everyone did the Pools back then, it was massive. All other clubs were owned by the local butcher, they had a massive advantage.

You've just reminded me of the Pools Man knocking at our door to get my Dad's coupon and money. What a time to be alive. 

2 minutes ago, Boey_Jarton said:

You've just reminded me of the Pools Man knocking at our door to get my Dad's coupon and money. What a time to be alive. 

Paying into liverpools transfer fund? Turncoat. 😂

35 minutes ago, Boey_Jarton said:

Many Liverpool fans have an interesting definition of cheating and fairness when it comes to football ownership. 

As an honest Newcastle fan, I will admit that it isn't in the spirit of football to have sovereign nations connected with football ownership.

That ship has sailed unfortunately and you can argue that the fairest system is one where any club, from around the world, is able to have unrestricted investment to help it grow. 

Their definition of fairness is that every club should lock into the wealth and revenues they have now (which is a function of historical success and whether the club has been run sensibly) and that should never be able to change for eternity. All clubs should respect their place in the pecking order and no investment should be allowed to change that. 

And the success came as a result of money being pumped into those clubs

Liverpool and Man-U fans are the worst for it, they have this arrogance about the money they generate being genuine and anyone that has revenue beyond that (in the case of City and us) is cheating and evil

Yet those clubs managed to get themselves in a position to generate money on the back of money being pumped in that was way beyond their actual revenue. Their base is built upon rich benefactors but they have this warped sense of old money is pure and noble whilst new money is evil

41 minutes ago, Boey_Jarton said:

Look at footballs history, it's totally in the spirit of it. The numbers are bigger but it's always been about who had the most money.

Completely rattled it might be someone elses turn at the top and they'll slide into  obscurity like their neighbours, Everton.

It happens. It's took us 20 years to get back to the CL. Who knows, this could be our one and only visit for another 20. That's football. No team has a right to be at the top, however Liverpool fans have never dealt with that. Manure fans hadn't until recently. Bet it (winning owt) all means a lot more to them now than it did 10 years ago at the start of their decline.

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Completely rattled it might be someone elses turn at the top and they'll slide into  obscurity like their neighbours, Everton.

It happens. It's took us 20 years to get back to the CL. Who knows, this could be our one and only visit for another 20. That's football. No team has a right to be at the top, however Liverpool fans have never dealt with that. Manure fans hadn't until recently. Bet it (winning owt) all means a lot more to them now than it did 10 years ago at the start of their decline.

I think if I was a Liverpool fan I’d be more concerned about how many of those people who built the success have left rather than us. 

1 hour ago, Paully said:

I've just caught up with RAWK weekend fixtures for our match on Monday - absolutely delicious reading [emoji38]

That Salah tweet was the icing on the cake [emoji38]

Aye read that this morning, had a good chuckle at it. 

34 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

We’re planning to cheat!

Let me know when we demand and get our own private interview with the next prospective Permier league chief and press for rule changes part way through a season because another club threatens our position.

Don't get me started on their rumoured history re Littlewoods pools money.

7 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

If Chelsea had actually been successful this season with the amount of spend they’ve had the complaints would have been directed more that way im sure. It’s just sour grapes.

I think we’d be getting more credit from some circles if we had finished 6th. “Spent well, Howe did a great job, etc.” 

But 3rd/4th? “Cheating, unlikeable sportswashers”

2 hours ago, madras said:

Look at footballs history, it's totally in the spirit of it. The numbers are bigger but it's always been about who had the most money.

I think the difference with sovereign ownership is the control and influence that comes with it, and that is beyond just wealth. 

I completely agree that it's impossible to draw the line though, and the only reason that Liverpool fans want to draw the line now, is to kick others down the ladder that they themselves ascended. 

Liverpool have some of the biggest whopper fans. 

Whinging about us doing something we haven’t done yet. :lol: 

Petition to their MP by the end of May no doubt.