Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 31/12/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

Does the yellow card thing get written off after new year or have I made that up?

Either way, just start Schar against Leeds, get the 3 points in the bag and deal with any suspension that may come.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Does the yellow card thing get written off after new year or have I made that up?

Either way, just start Schar against Leeds, get the 3 points in the bag and deal with any suspension that may come.

It always used to be new year or after the Boxing Day round of games, from memory?

Not sure if it is still the same this season. As assuming we have played less games than usual. 

I was at this game a few years back under Sir Bobby, I’m sure we lost 0-2 and that coward and god awful ‘footballer’ Smith scored for them, we were terrible. Leeds can create problems in attack, but defensively they seem so suspect. We should be beating these comfortably really, but I expect a tough game still.

Howe doesn't usually like changing the starting XI after a win. The only time we've rotated this season was the Liverpool game which we lost (unjustly)

I think we'll probably see the same team as yesterday with Wilson possibly in for Wood

Honestly,I want out best team protected for the Arsenal game. Not underestimating Leeds but think we can manage with a few changes.

Targett in for Schar and ASM in for Willock. keep Wood in from the start and Wilson last 20 minutes or so.

Edited by nufcjb

2 minutes ago, Rich said:

No chance. Strongest XI, please. They basically only had to play 45 minutes yesterday and there's a very decent gap between that and this.

Luckily I think that’s where Eddie is at too.

3 hours ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Yeah I’d be tempted to give Schar a game off. Play Burn and Botman CB and bring in Targett.

Not the time to rest folk, this is a game we must win seen as the next is Arsenal, Schar didnt play much at the WC either.  Arsenal is going to be the main indicator though.  Only changes should be offensive Wilson hopefully,   I feel bad for Targett, hes never done anything wrong always solid,  I bet he never thought us signing Botman would me he would be 2nd choice leftback.