Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 31/12/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

6 hours ago, Pilko said:

I reckon 2-0 win in similar vein to the Forest game on the opening day, complete and utter control for the entire 90.

They are better than Forest though, I would say there's no doubt about that.  I think 2-0 is about right but I don't see us dominating in the same way, Leeds will be able to press our midfield/ full backs and turnover the ball from time to time. They'll have for more possession and chances than Forest did against us.

29 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

They are better than Forest though, I would say there's no doubt about that.  I think 2-0 is about right but I don't see us dominating in the same way, Leeds will be able to press our midfield/ full backs and turnover the ball from time to time. They'll have for more possession and chances than Forest did against us.

I think that's what will give us the most joy, them trying to have a bit of a go at us.

They looked convincing against city in the first half, second half they were dominated.

not an easy side to play against, their high press was very good and only a team like city were capable of passing themselves around it.

I would be pleased with a one nil game.

10 minutes ago, buzza said:

They looked convincing against city in the first half, second half they were dominated.

not an easy side to play against, their high press was very good and only a team like city were capable of passing themselves around it.

I would be pleased with a one nil game.

Disagree City should have been 5 up at half time

I’d be pissed off if I was a fan of theirs. There is absolutely no fucking reason why they should have been playing 2 days after Boxing Day when they had another game 2 days later. It’s all the more infuriating the fact that all the games were on TV in anyway. On top of this with Leeds and Manchester being fairly close to each other, there is more a reason for them being an early KO instead, although the early KO was an all London tie.

With fixtures piling up during this time, it’s an absolute disgrace that games are being postponed for TV for so long.