Newcastle United vs. Leeds United - 31/12/22 @ 3pm (No UK TV)

13 hours ago, buzza said:

Also, their passing was bang average as they had quite a few possible counter attacks in which they were incapable of stringing more than two passes together 

Man City and Grealish in particular missed about 2-3 clear chances. 3-1 was flattering to Leeds.

I think we’ll win tomorrow, then the streak will end at Arsenal. I and most on here will be content with that, I imagine.

Even last year he was winning loads in the air, they were bouncing everywhere and his hold up play was dreadful but it was still clear that tactically Howe knew how to use him, we're very good at using any time the opponent isn't in control to get into shape.

I think most managers would have noted he was essentially just a lump up top and dropped him for Murphy, brought some random academy kid in, or moved Maxi/Joelinton up top.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

His defensive work and ability to drop in a bit deeper centrally than the wide men or cover the flanks, is better I’d say. Not having his pressing is better, mind.

He’s too slow and doesn’t lead the line and marshal the others from the front, the way Wilson does. Never even looks like nicking it back or causing a mistake. For all that he grafts his bollocks off.