Newcastle United 0-0 Leeds United (31/12/2022)

Yorkie

Pet hate : People saying 'people' when it's literally only one person's post they take issue with, and don't quote that person because they don't have the balls to directly engage them in discussion/debate, just to get cheap likes from other 'people' who don't read the thread properly and assume the false generalisation is correct.

Played at a frantic pace that half. People have praised Wood of late but we do get timely reminders of how much of a fucking plank he is in front of goal. Plus, I think we"re starting to look a bit predictable down the right hand side

Our general play is leaving a lot to be desired but we aren’t playing bad. Leeds have got their tactics right and are dealing with us fairly well, but equally we’ve controlled the threat they pose with Gnonto and Harrison.

Wilson and ASM should come on which will give Bruno more space to operate. 

Just now, Holloway said:

Played at a frantic pace that half. People have praised Wood of late but we do get timely reminders of how much of a fucking plank he is in front of goal. Plus, I think we"re starting to look a bit predictable down the right hand side

They've locked up our right side and let Burn/Joelinton/Willock roam free, think they're on to us.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Tight this. Frustrating that the Schar penalty shout wasn't even looked at - don't think it was stonewall but to not even review it is shit. Need an Eddie masterclass at halftime.

Wasn't a pen IMO.

Frustrating big moments have fallen to Burn [emoji38]

Doesn't feel like Bruno has got his foot on the ball enough. Feels a bit like ping pong.

Leeds are playing how we normally do. High energy, pressing us.

If a game was made for ASM it's this one. Would love to see him and Wilson on early to give them something to worry about in behind.

Been in that left channel a few times with Joelinton and Willock and with Ayling now on a yellow I think it's a game suited to ASM especially with the slippery surface. 

I'd say Longstaff off and Joe's back into midfield

3 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Mad that it took one replay for the commentators to decide it should have been a pen but won't even let the ref look at it. 

Webb said this recently - "We don't want the VARs to be looking too hard. We want them just to look for those errors that jump off the screen at you."

Guessing that'd be the explanation for why ours wasnt given. It better be exactly the same for all other incidents of a similar nature though.

Ref is such a wanker, that non-yellow for their player and Tripps getting a yellow that shouldnt even have  a free kick, plus the pen. Sick of him.

We are looking a bit lacklustre when we reach the goal, very good at getting there. Wood should have managed to put in Joe on 2 minutes.

Crying out for ASM and Wilson. Doublesub at HT with Longstaff and Wood off would do me. Maxi especially should get so much space to run at a yellow carded Ayling.