Arsenal vs. Newcastle United 3/1/23 @ 7:45pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

Does Rice have hype?

Massively with price being quoted anywhere between £70-120m. Pundits and media always gushing with praise for him. Every time I see him he looks limited 🙂

We've looked toothless against organised teams who come looking for a draw but played well against better teams who play their own game so really hard to tell, this one. Without Wilson and Maxi I think we'll struggle to give them enough to do.

Aresnal need to lose again at some point, this might be the day. The longer they go unbeaten the more difficult they become to stop. The same does however go for us and I truly hope this isn't the day our run ends.

I feel as if a win for them is massive whereas a loss for us isn't equally as massive. We can recover from a loss and still go on to have a fantastic season, a win for them puts them hugely out in pole position even more so.

2-1 to them I reckon. Think we’ll play brilliantly and show we deserve to be where we are in the table, but will fall just short. 

Should be a cracking game mind, the 2 form teams in the league. If we take the lead you never know :indi:

10 straight wins at home for them, but only one clean sheet in there. If there are going to let us score, they'll need two to win, something only Man City and Liverpool (98 minutes) have managed going back a long time. The team tonight will feature Botman, Trippier and Pope, and therefore be better than the one that beat them 2-0 at SJP.

I'm quite confident, but ultimately think its a free hit and would caution against over enthusiasm. My main concern is someone getting worked up and sent off by a homer ref, which will affect us for other, more winnable games to come.

12 minutes ago, Stottie said:

10 straight wins at home for them, but only one clean sheet in there. If there are going to let us score, they'll need two to win, something only Man City and Liverpool (98 minutes) have managed going back a long time. The team tonight will feature Botman, Trippier and Pope, and therefore be better than the one that beat them 2-0 at SJP.

I'm quite confident, but ultimately think its a free hit and would caution against over enthusiasm. My main concern is someone getting worked up and sent off by a homer ref, which will affect us for other, more winnable games to come.

Pretty sure spurs also had 10 straight home wins before we beat them earlier in the season. Obviously arsenal are a much better team.

Their home form is really impressive like, with wins v Spurs and Liverpool in there too. Considering they have the second best defensive record in the league they have only kept one clean sheet (v Forest), which suggest we'll get some joy. They do seem vulnerable down their left hand side.

Arsenal have been decent at playing through a press this season though. Last season we gave Saka in particular too much space between the lines and he isolated Lascelles every time. Our best bet is to get men around Odegaard and limit supply to their front three. Once they get the ball they're really good in tight spaces and will cause our slower full backs issues.

Exciting match up. I don't think there will be much in it at all, but they'll just have a bit too much for us.

This team has been defying the odds so regularly, but this time I think the challenge will be too much. (Not that I haven't said that before and been proved wrong)

Arsenal are playing great football, they'll be wanting to prove something after the way we bullied them at St James's, and we're not at full strength.