Arsenal vs. Newcastle United 3/1/23 @ 7:45pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Conceded 5 goals in 12 games. Best in league by 6 goals after 12 games. City and Arsenal both conceded 11. Our goals conceded in first half is 2 goals in 17 games. We are hard to score against. If 0-0 at half time, easily could see us nicking a 1-0.

Edited by samptime29

54 minutes ago, Paullow said:

The Trippier confusion is due to the yellow card he picked up against Bournemouth in the League Cup, but yellows in that competition don't count towards the league, so he is fine to play against Arsenal, although presumably (like Schaar) now one booking away from a PL suspension (not sure when the 5 PL yellow card expiry date is).

5 expire at the half way mark (19 games).

I imagine same team but with Wilson starting for Wood. Part of me wonders if Howe will want to go for it toe to toe, abit like the Man City game and put ASM in. 

I think they will have too much for us but we have proved this season we are a match for anyone and you never know in the day.

Edited by alexf

5 hours ago, The Butcher said:

Think we're knackered and they'll probably have too much for us. 

One of the big negatives from today is the energy we had to expend in the second half.

I think this game will be like the City and Liverpool games early on where we start very well and then completely run out of steam somewhere in the second half. 

We're normally beat here before we turn up, for some stupid reason . They are doing it all by the book it seems, but I wonder if they can cope with us. If we can fuck them up the arse in 20,it might get interesting 

Going be a really interesting barometer this game, is Arsenal really a better team than Newcastle?

Are we better than we realise, or do we have to drastically improve to trouble the better teams?

If we beat them, the growing speculation is going to explode!

A draw is my expectation, Arsenal will come out all guns blazing (pun) they'll find us hard to break down, later in the game Maxi will put them on the back foot and we'll take the game to them!

End of last season we really schooled them, can we do it again?............Eddie will go for the win, he always does, having said that. I'm expecting another draw!

ASM and Wilson in for Longstaff and Wood. Genuinely no idea about the outcome but a point would be magic, so I’ll go score draw .

Feel like we’re due another bumming from VAR, mind.

Howe stuck with the winning team from Leicester yesterday but now time to play the best 11 - ASM and Wilson in.

I’d take out Wood and Willock, leave Longstaff and Joelinton in for their energy and workload in midfield.

Willock off the bench after 60, a role he is very effective at.