Arsenal vs. Newcastle United 3/1/23 @ 7:45pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Played them off the park seven months ago, so I'm confident we'll get something. Just no Chris Wood please. Even ASM in the middle would be better.

I've only seen the Arsenal highlights from yesterday, but that has to be the worst Brighton have defended all season. But for VAR though, they would have scored three themselves. The Saliba mistake was was like Titus Bramble.

We never get anything at the Emirates, even when we were last good we never really got anything at Highbury either. Fear as good as we are to get they'll always be that team we just can't get results at. Comfortable 2 nil defeat. Regroup, through to 4th round of the FA Cup and Semis of the Carabao before beating Fulham to get back on track in the league!

Edited by NUFCDoog

5 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Arsenal are due a bad result. Hopefully we’ll press them into oblivion like last time. 

Massive difference doing it at SJP and against that version of Arsenal, mind. 

I think if we go really aggressive with the press. They will pick us apart a lot of the time. They have too many quality players on the ball, all over the pitch. 

I still think we can get something, though. Should be loads of room to play and on the counter, we can hurt them. I just hope we will have ASM and Wilson on to take advantage of that. As we wasted all the counters in the first half yesterday. 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Think they may still be wary of us after we took them apart last year. We’ll give them a game for sure. 

I think they will be more fired up against us because of last season, going to be a great game I think. Do think they will edge it but we will be right in it.

4 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Massive difference doing it at SJP and against that version of Arsenal, mind. 

I think if we go really aggressive with the press. They will pick us apart a lot of the time. They have too many quality players on the ball, all over the pitch. 

I still think we can get something, though. Should be loads of room to play and on the counter, we can hurt them. I just hope we will have ASM and Wilson on to take advantage of that. As we wasted all the counters in the first half yesterday. 

ASM’s been awful last few appearances where he’s come off the bench - not sure he’s fit enough to be this saviour just yet people are wanting him to be. For me this game has come too soon for us as I really wish isak was back for it as he looked class against Liverpool

Playing Arsenal will suit our game better than playing against Leeds. I’d of course be happy with a point, we are both due a loss really given our respective runs. I’m just happy knowing our manager, coaching staff and players will be going there to win. 

Edited by King HTT III

5 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

ASM’s been awful last few appearances where he’s come off the bench - not sure he’s fit enough to be this saviour just yet people are wanting him to be. For me this game has come too soon for us as I really wish isak was back for it as he looked class against Liverpool

Eh? He changed the game against Bournemouth in the cup. Got about 9 mins against Leicester and despite us not getting him the ball for 10 mins. He was quality yesterday. Regularly beat his man and was looking to play in his teammates and not purely run down blind alleys. 

How is he not fit enough? He’s been fit for ages now and played in the games during the break. What have you seen to suggest he can’t start a game because of fitness?

Who mentioned him being a ‘saviour’ and all? Isn’t it more that using metrics like that WyeAyeScout (and also your eyes) he is still one of, if not our most dangerous attacking player on the ball? 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Eh? He changed the game against Bournemouth in the cup. Got about 9 mins against Leicester and despite us not getting him the ball for 10 mins. He was quality yesterday. Regularly beat his man and was looking to play in his teammates and not purely run down blind alleys. 

How is he not fit enough? He’s been fit for ages now and played in the games during the break. What have you seen to suggest he can’t start a game because of fitness?

Who mentioned him being a ‘saviour’ and all? Isn’t it more that using metrics like that WyeAyeScout (and also your eyes) he is still one of, if not our most dangerous attacking player on the ball? 

Maybe I’m being too harsh on him but those three games you list - Bournemouth in the cup we got through with an own goal, Leicester game - he didn’t effect the score in any way as he didn’t yesterday. 

All I mean is this is arguably the hardest game of the season - the team top of the league, playing away from home and I don’t think he’s gonna be a magic bullet so to speak. 

Really hope in wrong but as it stands I just feel arsenal have too much for us and they’ll beat us regardless, I see this as a free hit.

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Ah gotcha. So he has to score or assist in his 30, 9 and 30 mins on the pitch. Otherwise he’s not deserving of a starting spot. 

Christ, it’s like Pardew with Ben Arfa all

over again :lol:

ASM does this to opinions / conversations every time so I’m gonna back away ✌️

Nah. Fight your corner, man :lol: You’re entitled to an opinion.

I’ve been critical of him plenty. This season and last. I’m just not sure what you’re getting at and found it odd you thought he was poor off the bench. 

Weirdly, despite his decent cameos of late. He used to always be crap off the bench under Bruce. You’d think he’d be the perfect impact sub. But he seemed to take a while to get into the game. That’s another reason why I’d be happy for him to start. 

27 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

Saying he was “awful” yesterday in particular, is a bizarre take.

10 hours ago, Lush Vlad said:

I think you are talking utter shite. 

Based on fuck all. 

Mostly, yeah. Except for the transfer thread, who gives a fuck who people think we're going to sign ? It's worse than the Sunderland thread

Odegaard, Partey v Bruno, Joelinton will go a long way to deciding this. Keeping Saka quiet/ stopping service to him and Martinelli will be key, if it’s Tripps and BDB at full backs they’ll both need help. Martinelli is rapid and you’d fancy Saka against whoever, we play at LB.

We can’t start ASM but Wilson has to come in if he’s ready. Arsenal look like they’re getting better and are really starting to believe. I’d be half tempted to stick Longstaff onto Odegaard though I’d be worried he’d not be able to match his pace when he runs into spaces around the box.