Sheffield Wednesday vs. Newcastle United - 7/1/23 @ 6pm - FA Cup (BBC One)

HaydnNUFC

League One opposition should be getting put to the sword regardless like but they're flying atm. 2nd, won the last 3 scoring 9 goals, unbeaten in 13 and only lost once at home in the league. Held Southampton at St. Mary's in the League Cup but only went out on pens.

Pope

Manquillo Lascelles Burn Lewis

Anderson Longstaff Ritchie

Murphy Wood Saint-Maximin

It’s rank, but it’ll do. Cavalry off the bench, if needed.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

Genuinely would rather start one of the young lads like Joe White in CM than Ritchie.

Howay, he’s easily L1 level and that team has no set piece takers in it otherwise.

You know , dubs , wouldn’t mind him to play , it might cost us like 5 million in a transfer at most but I would think the men upstairs would be sure on that and I think he needs a chance at redemption 

Was one of the guys under Ashley who did his best that’s all I can say 

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Maybe but still :lol: depending on how fit they are maybe give Bruno or Joelinton that midfield spot for ~60 minutes.

They all need a lovely rest after tonight, for me.

We snuck past Palace with a side not too dissimilar to the above.

These have a grey haired man up front and a balding midget captain.

Leicester match 3 days later far more important IMO. 7 or 8 changes and hope it's enough to get the job done. Leicester have Gillingham who are bottom of the 4th tier and only scored 7 goals in their 23 league matches this season :kasper:, so they'll no doubt be making wholesale changes for that.

8 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Leicester match 3 days later far more important IMO. 7 or 8 changes and hope it's enough to get the job done. Leicester have Gillingham who are bottom of the 4th tier and only scored 7 goals in their 23 league matches this season :kasper:, so they'll no doubt be making wholesale changes for that.

Aye Leicester game is big. 

Dubravka

Manquillo Lascelles  Botman  Lewis

Anderson   Longstaff  Joelinton

Murphy             Wood         Saint-Max

I see no issue at all in chucking Dubs straight in. It's a bonus that we've got him back so let's make use of it and give Pope a very well earned rest, without the risk of Darlow/unknown quantity of Karius.

Tragic that Manqy and Lewis have to come in but there's no choice really; Trippier and Burn simply have to get a rest - they're just too critical to the league campaign. Pair of bloody legends that they are. 

Think the front three pretty much picks itself for this one. 

Botman, Longstaff and Joelinton to be replaced by Schar, Bruno and Willock for the Leicester QF. That game should be near enough full strength with - hopefully - the ability to withdraw key players earlyish on.