Sheffield Wednesday vs. Newcastle United - 7/1/23 @ 6pm - FA Cup (BBC One)

HaydnNUFC

23 hours ago, LFEE said:

Isak will be starting with a full week of training surely? 🙂

Howay, he's been out for like four months with an injury that has been reoccurring as well. He'll get 5 minutes at most IMO. 15 to 20 minutes against Leicester perhaps.

11 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Is this a definite? And does it not just apply to teams played for in Europe or is it any team in world football?

Found this online:

Are there rules which limit how many clubs a player can play for in one season?

Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

We have a better chance of going to the semis and final of the Carabao cup than the FA Cup. Home quarter final tie against a team out of form, two legged semis and only the 2 Manchester clubs in there left that really can be seen as favourites.

I want us to beat Wednesday but have our best players ready and fresh for the Leicester match.

Dubravka 

Trippier   Lascelles       Botman      Burn

Bruno

Joelinton

Anderson

Murphy                                            ASM

Wood

9 hours ago, NWMag said:

Found this online:

Are there rules which limit how many clubs a player can play for in one season?

Currently, under the FIFA Transfer Regulations, a football player is only allowed to be registered with a maximum of three clubs in one season. This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America.

During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for two clubs. However, a player may be eligible to play in official matches for a third club during the relevant season if he has moved between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (ie, start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring). This is only allowed if he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.

I see a loophole in that wording for Big Daddy Cool

Gonna be an interesting one, this.

Don't really want us to go too weak, I'd like to have two irons in the fire in terms of winning a cup this year.

Really, really would be great if we got a couple of signings in this week, would fe much more confident in our ability to compete on multiple fronts.

Seems a great time for Isak to be coming back, by the way.

Some very obvious situations to give him short run outs off the bench and be ready for the Fulham game. He'll probably still be on the bench for that Fulham game but hopefully ready to really contribute.

Considering the upcoming match against Leicester I wouldn't mind Howe taking a risk and resting most of our first 11. I'd go:

Dubs

Manq - Lascelles - Botman - Lewis

Longstaff - Bruno - Anderson

Ritchie - Wood - Fraser

If we're winning, sub Botman, Longstaff & Bruno for rest.

If we're drawing or losing we have a ton of options to put on to turn the match in our favor.

10 hours ago, Nobody said:

Howay, he's been out for like four months with an injury that has been reoccurring as well. He'll get 5 minutes at most IMO. 15 to 20 minutes against Leicester perhaps.

Just going off the report he’s in better and sharper physical condition than when he arrived. He was thrown straight in at Anfield when he signed. Got to be getting 25mins at least surely you’d think unless there are still concerns..

1 hour ago, Scotty66 said:

Not sure we should risk Burn in this, the fact he can play LB and CB would be a big loss if he got injured. 

You can apply that logic to every match though. 

Usually I'd want us to go all in and try and get a comfortable win. But this year I feel Tues is the bigger game, given its a QF, and therfore a mix is probably the correct way to go into this one. 

Howe has previously mentioned how the Cambridge defeat affected him so he'll be, rightly, guarded about going with a overly weakened team. 

Let's just get through as there's no guarantee v Leicester and even then Man City probably awaits at some point.