Sheffield Wednesday vs. Newcastle United - 7/1/23 @ 6pm - FA Cup (BBC One)

HaydnNUFC

Guest reefatoon
1 minute ago, nufcjb said:

You guys do remember what happened at Tranmere earlier this season right? That's the game Krafth got injured and they also went in hard on Bruno if I remember correctly.

Might as well just forfeit it then eh.

26 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

You guys do remember what happened at Tranmere earlier this season right? That's the game Krafth got injured and they also went in hard on Bruno if I remember correctly.

Bruno also got injured didn't he? But it wasn't picked up until the following week.

1 hour ago, buzz said:

Bruno also got injured didn't he? But it wasn't picked up until the following week.

Bruno was injured prior to Tranmere but wasn’t picked up. Was only brought on to take a potential penalty. Having seen his effort against Crystal Palace EH might have second thoughts this time 🙂

Fuck that I want a cup. I'd be happy finishing 6th and winning the FA cup tbh. IF we get top 4 amazing, but also will be ahead of schedule and a nightmare with all the extra fixtures against really high quality opposition we have nowhere near the depth. Sensible rotation, not sacrificing it though.

19 minutes ago, 80 said:

Our players desperately need a rest. I don't want to surrender this game, but the more that get a game off the better, for me.

They have played four games in 17 days after the world cup. Desperately need a rest? Come on.

Just now, BeloEmre said:

They have played four games in 17 days after the world cup. Desperately need a rest? Come on.

If we don't book it in now, we'll regret it later.

42 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Fuck that I want a cup. I'd be happy finishing 6th and winning the FA cup tbh. IF we get top 4 amazing, but also will be ahead of schedule and a nightmare with all the extra fixtures against really high quality opposition we have nowhere near the depth. Sensible rotation, not sacrificing it though.

We're playing in a cup QF days later. I'm not saying we should forfeit, but we have to rotate at some point and there isn't a better opportunity the rest of the season. Our second XI should be able to beat a L1 side more often than not. 

9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

We're playing in a cup QF days later. I'm not saying we should forfeit, but we have to rotate at some point and there isn't a better opportunity the rest of the season. Our second XI should be able to beat a L1 side more often than not. 

It's a difficult transition to make, being confident that you can rotate a squad and still perform. I absolutely think we need to get there as a team (and fanbase), but our strength-in-depth is seriously lacking. It would be nice to be rotating in players that didn't fill me with dread. Matt Richie is still regularly on our bench, and I'm not particularly convinced he'd be a standout player if he dropped to League One.

I reckon I'd swap maybe 5 players out from the Arsenal game. Pope/Trips/Schar/One of the CMs/Wilson and keep the rest in. Hope we get a couple of early gols and then mass subs.

41 minutes ago, samptime29 said:

Madness to play a strong team with the Leicester and Fulham games coming up.

I think a scratch team is the way like. I'd play Pope, Burn and Willock from the usual starters then squad players the rest of the way. Leicester at home has to be the priority. 

Pope

Manquillo

Lewis

Lascelles

Burn

Willock

Ritchie

Anderson

Murphy

ASM or even Fraser

Wood

That should still be enough to beat them, will they even be full strength themselves? Assuming they're prioritising top 2?

Edited by Optimistic Nut

45 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Darlow
Manquillo    McArthur    Lascelles   Lewis

Anderson Longstaff Ritchie

Murphy Wood Maxi

Rest everyone (Longstaff aside just cos numbers). But still win.

I certainly wouldn't be comfortable saying that team would win. Got to be a stronger than that imo

Edited by et tu brute