Sheffield Wednesday vs. Newcastle United - 7/1/23 @ 6pm - FA Cup (BBC One)

HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Yep. Nothing like an early cup exit to derail a season. Play a strong team and try and get through. No excuses not to really we aren’t in Europe. Squad is big enough. Use it wisely tomorrow

Big enough for a whole season or just to rotate a bit against a League One side and still get a result? 

Personally think the squad is pretty shite after the first 13 regulars or so. 

15 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Interesting that both Man Utd and Everton playing their full teams tonight, I think we will play just about our first team tomorrow also

It's the midweek match that throws a spanner into the works. Everton have 8 days off, and Man Utd have an absolute gift EFL match (on paper), so made more sense for those to go stronger here, although I did suspect Everton would have made a fair few changes given their tough fixture tonight, and where they are in the league.

I'm pleased they have both gone strong though. Always makes it feel more worthwhile watching (on TV as a relative neutral) than a bunch of players who may have potential, but you've barely heard of.

Edited by Paullow

18 minutes ago, Paullow said:

It's the midweek match that throws a spanner into the works. Everton have 8 days off, and Man Utd have an absolute gift EFL match (on paper), so made more sense for those to go stronger here, although I did suspect Everton would have made a fair few changes given their tough fixture tonight, and where they are in the league.

I'm pleased they have both gone strong though. Always makes it feel more worthwhile watching (on TV as a relative neutral) than a bunch of players who may have potential, but you've barely heard of.

Get what you're saying, just think the FA cup is important and I'm also don't want to see the likes of Ritchie anywhere near that pitch. Going to be interesting to see what happens. 

I think he’ll play the substitutes with 3/4 starters, with regular starters on the bench and a shortish leash. Pivotal month of the season for our league campaign and we’re advanced in the other cup competition, there has to be rotation because the squad isn’t deep enough to weather injuries for long. I think he’s too pragmatic not to.

I just don't know about this. Honestly don't know what I'd do. The difference Wednesday not Tuesday would make.

Think the last time we had such a conundrum of being in both cups, the QF of the league cup and a chance of winning either was 1998 and back then we took the league campagin off.

16 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I just don't know about this. Honestly don't know what I'd do. The difference Wednesday not Tuesday would make.

Think the last time we had such a conundrum of being in both cups, the QF of the league cup and a chance of winning either was 1998 and back then we took the league campagin off.

What are you on about, there is no Sheffield Tuesday.

Usually couldn't give two shits about the cups but I'm actually looking forward to this one. If not only because we are much more interesting to watch but because I want to see a fee of the players who haven't had a chance this season. 

Obviously will be good to see ASM back but curious to see how players like Lewis/Manquillo/Anderson will fair against a decent in form teams. That's ofcourse if they are even playing.