Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 Newcastle United (07/01/2023)

Yorkie

4 hours ago, christ said:

You think the daft cunts might have twigged on to the fact there’s a fundamental design flaw with that end of their stadium by now. 

Just read the thread on this subject, how many of the Newcastle fans in this thread were affected by this on the night?  How many are just sounding off because of anecdotal over spectacular media reports, this appears to be have been blown out of proportion just because it’s Hillsborough. 

There were no reports of injuries or medical assistance required on the West Stand logged on the night. 
the stand has been full to capacity numerous times since the terracing was taken out 30 years ago and there’s never been an adverse incident in all that time. 

16 hours ago, Owler said:

Just read the thread on this subject, how many of the Newcastle fans in this thread were affected by this on the night?  How many are just sounding off because of anecdotal over spectacular media reports, this appears to be have been blown out of proportion just because it’s Hillsborough. 

There were no reports of injuries or medical assistance required on the West Stand logged on the night. 
the stand has been full to capacity numerous times since the terracing was taken out 30 years ago and there’s never been an adverse incident in all that time. 

That ‘just because’ is doing a lot of hard work there, mate. 

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Think it's pretty clear a lot of people were worried.

If it was that serious there would be a thread on this forum dedicated to it. 
Wednesday’s name is get dragged through the mud for something that’s been completely blown out of proportion. 

15 minutes ago, Owler said:

If it was that serious there would be a thread on this forum dedicated to it. 
Wednesday’s name is get dragged through the mud for something that’s been completely blown out of proportion. 

The authorities will decide if it's been blown out of proportion or not. I presume you were not in the Newcastle end, so you're in no position to say what happened or not. 

Obvious questions...

Has this happened to other away support with similar numbers?

If the stand was opened early - why? Is this club policy? For how long? Is it to prevent crowding??

Saying the stewarding complied with the requirements is saying nothing. What were those requirements? And how many extra stewards were on duty?? And of those stewards, how many were around the tunnel?

Was any written evidence from NUFC fans submitted? What about CCTV footage? Any fan footage or photos?

Obviously the full 'comprehensive observations' may be more specific but thats a non statement to me. Also, observations is a weird term to use.

10 minutes ago, Owler said:

Where are the Newcastle fans in this forum that were actually there and can give first hand accounts  ? ? 

Even if there were zero people from this forum who can give first hand accounts, that doesn't invalidate those that did attend and are giving accounts.

Not sure what your agenda is here, all anyone wants is better safety for all. Hardly the worst thing to strive for.

8 hours ago, elbee909 said:

Even if there were zero people from this forum who can give first hand accounts, that doesn't invalidate those that did attend and are giving accounts.

Not sure what your agenda is here, all anyone wants is better safety for all. Hardly the worst thing to strive for.

Pretty obvious this incident has been misreported and blown totally out of proportion.

Agenda ? Sticking up for my club who’s name is being dragged through the mud for no good reason. 
That’s pretty obvious . 

8 hours ago, Owler said:

Where are the Newcastle fans in this forum that were actually there and can give first hand accounts  ? ? 

I was there and although I didn’t witness anything really as I was upper tier a few of the lads did. Apparently the stewarding was horrendous, people getting sent the wrong way and there was very nearly a dangerous crush going in and sounded hairy at half time too. 

I was at the game and tbh i'd argue it was as much of our fault. Alot of lads stood just through concourse area probably as only one bar in lower tier catering for ovrr 2k away fans so nipping away early stoof there was easier.

I can't see how this is Hillsborough issue in my opinion. Seems like air time and debate not needed. Leeds was worse ladt year when they had 2 turnstiles for 2000k fans

Edited by NUFC91

10 hours ago, NUFC91 said:

I was at the game and tbh i'd argue it was as much of our fault. Alot of lads stood just through concourse area probably as only one bar in lower tier catering for ovrr 2k away fans so nipping away early stoof there was easier.

I can't see how this is Hillsborough issue in my opinion. Seems like air time and debate not needed. Leeds was worse ladt year when they had 2 turnstiles for 2000k fans

So that's a Hillsborough issue?

Stepson was there in the upper stand. Said it was chocker but ok. Seems to have been a Stewarding issue in not getting fans moving away from the tunnel once inside.

I’ve been there when they’d fill one cage at a time and that was simply asking for trouble. 

22 hours ago, The Prophet said:

It's weird how defensive they're being about the whole thing.

Not really, it is however weird that a stupid pathetic “journalist” takes a crap picture that shows nothing and causes hysteria from a false non story. It’s obvious he’s made it up for clout  off the  back of the 1986 semi final there.

- you was allocated less tickets than what the west stand holds.

- less fans attended through the turnstiles than what was allocated.

- the turnstiles opened 2 hours earlier (2pm) than what is required. 
- there was more stewards employed than what is required (admittedly they don’t seem interested in doing the job, maybe they get disgruntled by drunken fans or the pay who knows)

- the vlogs on social, show no evidence of this in fact to the contrary. Some show your fans spitting at our players though but hey hoo.
- your own fans have said nothing happened.

- no reports of any injuries. 

Using 1989’ semi for your own agenda is sick. I hope that the reporter is sued being liable to slander.

31 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Stepson was there in the upper stand. Said it was chocker but ok. Seems to have been a Stewarding issue in not getting fans moving away from the tunnel once inside.

I’ve been there when they’d fill one cage at a time and that was simply asking for trouble. 

1 cage ? When was this?

19 hours ago, elbee909 said:

There are Newcastle fans that did go and say it’s bull, it’s the others that have an agenda. 

On 11/01/2023 at 17:13, christ said:

You think the daft cunts might have twigged on to the fact there’s a fundamental design flaw with that end of their stadium by now. 

I believe it’s had more scrutiny and safety checks and legislation against it than any other stadium in the country…

even to this day there is a third party safety advisor group on behalf of hse, that make stupid decisions over hillsborough. Giving sanctions and closing large sections of the ground unnecessarily. 
the the stadium has been to full capacity with no problems. Go figure.

23 minutes ago, Wawaw said:

Not really, it is however weird that a stupid pathetic “journalist” takes a crap picture that shows nothing and causes hysteria from a false non story. It’s obvious he’s made it up for clout  off the  back of the 1986 semi final there.

- you was allocated less tickets than what the west stand holds.

- less fans attended through the turnstiles than what was allocated.

- the turnstiles opened 2 hours earlier (2pm) than what is required. 
- there was more stewards employed than what is required (admittedly they don’t seem interested in doing the job, maybe they get disgruntled by drunken fans or the pay who knows)

- the vlogs on social, show no evidence of this in fact to the contrary. Some show your fans spitting at our players though but hey hoo.
- your own fans have said nothing happened.

- no reports of any injuries. 

Using 1989’ semi for your own agenda is sick. I hope that the reporter is sued being liable to slander.

That's fair enough. I know social media isn't representative, but I've seen loads of daft comments along the lines of "they're just sore about the result", etc.

Surely just wait for the investigation to run it's course? As you say it may just be a storm in a teacup.