Newcastle United 2-0 Leicester City (10/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

8 hours ago, Jonas said:

I still worry when we don't take our chances, don't score when were on top (which is most of the game, most games) and anticipate the sucker punch like were any other Newcastle team ever (apart from KKs).

Wonder if I/we'll ever learn to just enjoy it like I/we did under Keegan, like holding us at bay makes it interesting even entertaining (until the hour mark) and a goal/win is inevitable.

At the start of the season we were wasteful in front of goal (Wolves, Palace, Bournemouth and even Forest).  We then a hit spell where we were extremely clinic (Fulham through to Leicester) and outperformed our xG. These things usually balance out over the course of a season. 

8 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Absolutely loved the match. Sitting in the middle of the East stand; first time since Jack Charlton season. Brilliant view, and you get a much better atmosphere, largely because you can hear the Gallowgate corner, unlike when sitting in the Leazes when all you can hear is the away fans.

Im not sure whether we have  played better all season. I thought we were brilliant, and never felt nervous about the outcome. Ive read this thread and it seemed like some on here were watching a different game to me, apparently Burn was poor, as was Shar and Wilson, absolute twaddle.

Schar won absolutely everything in the air and played some class cross field diagonal passes. Burn was an absolute monster all game! I think he overcommitted a couple of times and left us open down the flank but he's not a bloody robot, and he's not a left back either so what do people expect. Some people watch the matches through shit-tinted specs? Baffling!

Edited by Holmesy

We dominated that match in the way we’ve been dominated by top four sides under Ashley, where we used to go into a match expecting little and still coming out disappointed. Spending the match starved of the ball, providing no threat, getting one or two chances but having to take them as you wouldn’t get any others. We’re consistently bullying teams and it’s amazing 

39 minutes ago, TotalWar said:

Absolutely loved the match. Sitting in the middle of the East stand; first time since Jack Charlton season. Brilliant view, and you get a much better atmosphere, largely because you can hear the Gallowgate corner, unlike when sitting in the Leazes when all you can hear is the away fans.

Im not sure whether we have  played better all season. I thought we were brilliant, and never felt nervous about the outcome. Ive read this thread and it seemed like some on here were watching a different game to me, apparently Burn was poor, as was Shar and Wilson, absolute twaddle.

Also there, but behind goal in Leazes (few seats from where my first season ticket was). Loved it. Good atmosphere, scarf twirling after goals was fab. Just wish the feckers had scored one of the first half chances right in front of me! 

I'm starting to find that I enjoy the match much more on second viewing. The tension watching it at the time often blinds you to how good the football actually was. You watch it again and our performance is often 10x better than you remember at the time. 

10 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm starting to find that I enjoy the match much more on second viewing. The tension watching it at the time often blinds you to how good the football actually was. You watch it again and our performance is often 10x better than you remember at the time. 

Where do you watch it back?

The fact we've got two centre backs who can ping the ball to the opposite flank so easily and effectively is such a huge weapon

Most teams would be able to target one of the opposition's back line for not being great on the ball but they can;t do that with our current 4

Just now, joeyt said:

The fact we've got two centre backs who can ping the ball to the opposite flank so easily and effectively is such a huge weapon

Most teams would be able to target one of the opposition's back line for not being great on the ball but they can;t do that with our current 4

It essentially negates the need to have a Shelvey type in midfield.