Newcastle United 2-0 Leicester City (10/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

Just now, samptime29 said:

Only conceded 1 goal in the 5 games I've been to this season. Hopefully that good record continues. Would take a scrappy 1-0 win all day long. Sitting in Gallowgate for this, Howay the Lads!

Im in block M in Gallowgate can’t wait, don’t feel nervous, I think we’ll do them. Whose out for them though, is Maddison back?

I think they're supposed to have quite a significant injury list. A cursory scan says: Justin, Evans, Ricardo, Maddison, Praet, Dewsbury-Hall, Soumare and Bertrand. That's quite a big list but they have a deep squad. I think they have some players badly out of form as well - I read an article on F365 about Ndidi looking lost, and (I really don't mean to jinx) I think Vardy is slowing down. 

Would be a very typical football thing to happen for us to dick these 3-0 away then lose to them at home. Not being pessemistic or anything, it's just why football's often so good, because weird things like that tend to happen often. 

Agree that us getting an early goal would be great. Under previous managers it would often be the worse thing that could happen to us because it would inevitably mean us hanging on for dear life for the rest of the match, but I don't have that worry under Howe - not unless it's then still 1-0 with 10 minutes left. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

I think we’ll have too much for them at home particularly with their injuries and our crowd. Hardly going to be a walkover but with ASM probably available and Isak an option too we’re looking pretty solid on top of the usual defensive stability and Bruno’s influence. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 minute ago, sushimonster85 said:

Hoping it's not only our current full strength team, but also if it gets down to the last 20mins and we need a goal/Wilson needs to come off, Isak is ready to go. 

Hadaway and shite man , full strength , nothing less . 

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

We'll have these lot. They are dog sh*t.

^ a post off their forum :lol: but it's pretty much what I was about to post here

Looking on Foxestalk, that seems to be a very minority opinion, most of them are talking about saving their petrol and not coming. :lol:

I hadn't realised just how fucked they were with injuries. I thought it was Maddison and maybe a couple of other fringe players. Reading on their forum, it's 9 out including Maddison, 3 of their first choice back 4, and 2 of their other regular midfield starters. 

We should beat them, but these are the matches I shit myself over :lol:

The good news is that should ASM be available, it will be our strongest squad of the season so far if memory serves me right. 

Bruno, J7, Willock

then 3 of 

Almiron, Wilson, Isak, ASM with 1 on the bench raring to go, gives me confidence for this match.

8 minutes ago, NWMag said:

The good news is that should ASM be available, it will be our strongest squad of the season so far if memory serves me right. 

Bruno, J7, Willock

then 3 of 

Almiron, Wilson, Isak, ASM with 1 on the bench raring to go, gives me confidence for this match.

Either way, first squad to feature both Isak and Wilson. ASM would be the cherry on top.