The Lovelife Thread

Shays Given Tim Flowers

27 minutes ago, madras said:

Is it settling or being a bit more accepting of others foibles and maybe understanding that what you wanted then isn't what you want then?

Settling probably is a thing for some people, but so is changing as a person, getting more experience and changing what you understand about relationships. 

Personally spending years with someone who I'm not that into sounds infinitely worse than being single, but of course some people really struggle to be on their own.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

I tried the Tinder thing, it works for some people, doesn’t work for others. I will happily admit that I’m not attractive in any kind of traditional sense.

I have a full on dad bod, and I mean that not like how people these days who think anyone who has muscles has a dad bod, I mean it like I have a belly.

Anyway Tinder didn’t work for me, although I did find the girls on Bumble to be more likely to look for a relationship and more likely to be in their careers and wanting to have someone in their settled life, where as Tinder was students and people in their 20’s wanting to get bucked over the weekend.

It’s actually my 1st year anniversary of officially being with my GF today. Well actually I should say fiancée, because I proposed on Christmas Eve and said yes.

I’ve known her for a while though, we used to work together. I fancied her the moment I met, and when I got to know her liked her even more.

During lockdown when I was shielding, she was the only one from my work asking if I was ok, offering to get me things I may need etc. We often went on little walks etc.

I had been alone pretty much all my life, even if I lived with people like my parents, I would still live a very solitary life. I’m not going to lie, it has been some getting used to not being able to just write a weekend off watching football, coming in from work and being able to pretty much go straight to bed etc.

On the other hand, it’s been good to share experiences with her. It’s nice to go for a drive with her, day trips, even the theatre.

My life has fully changed, and I wouldn’t change it back.

11 hours ago, Stifler said:

I tried the Tinder thing, it works for some people, doesn’t work for others. I will happily admit that I’m not attractive in any kind of traditional sense.

I have a full on dad bod, and I mean that not like how people these days who think anyone who has muscles has a dad bod, I mean it like I have a belly.

Anyway Tinder didn’t work for me, although I did find the girls on Bumble to be more likely to look for a relationship and more likely to be in their careers and wanting to have someone in their settled life, where as Tinder was students and people in their 20’s wanting to get bucked over the weekend.

It’s actually my 1st year anniversary of officially being with my GF today. Well actually I should say fiancée, because I proposed on Christmas Eve and said yes.

I’ve known her for a while though, we used to work together. I fancied her the moment I met, and when I got to know her liked her even more.

During lockdown when I was shielding, she was the only one from my work asking if I was ok, offering to get me things I may need etc. We often went on little walks etc.

I had been alone pretty much all my life, even if I lived with people like my parents, I would still live a very solitary life. I’m not going to lie, it has been some getting used to not being able to just write a weekend off watching football, coming in from work and being able to pretty much go straight to bed etc.

On the other hand, it’s been good to share experiences with her. It’s nice to go for a drive with her, day trips, even the theatre.

Made up for you 👍🏻😊 Congratulations.

I broke up with my wife in June 2021 who I had been with since 2009 and looking back it was the best thing to happen to me. Spent seven months on a Thai island to get my head around the break up and a job I could not get to in China.  In my mid-40's now and I have not been this happy in a long time, well before I met my wife. I've been on Tinder and had a great time meeting people though admittedly I'm in Thailand so to be expected. Saying that, my experience of Tinder over here seems to be a lot different from others in that I've met a fair few very successful Thai women in their own right who drive BMWs/very successful careers when most people meet girls online from Nana Plaza.

Just spent the past four days away with an amazing girl which I could see going places. See how it goes!

One thing for anyone going through a break-up in their 40's is that for me it was quite liberating as you just don't care what people think and there's no messing around playing it cool; if they like you great, if not then move on. Maybe just me but when I was younger there was so much more second guessing in my head about what someone might think/what I should do.

This reminds me of the Love at first sight? thread from nearly 15 years ago. How time flies....

Edited by macphisto

Made the mistake of waiting for someone, only for her to start seeing someone else.

Dog dirt. 

Fired up Tinder & Hinge this week with some freshened up photos and the matches have flown in. 

Lined up one date for next Sunday and one for tonight but she's hit me up this afternoon with the "I've got a migraine so might not be able to make it", so yeah that one isn't happening :lol: 

6 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Might genuinely have a migraine?

My first thought as well. I always give a chick at least two chances in situations like that. One could easily be the real deal but if they push back or cancel a second time, there are plenty of other people out there who want to hang out. :lol:

On 22/01/2023 at 04:14, Stifler said:

Congrats man! :aww:

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Booked another trip to Brazil for next month, I can’t afford this :love:

Don't your banks just let you go into debt over there? Instead of declining your card when you use it if it's going to go into the negative?

If so then fuck it man, just go live life.

Does anyone support their spouse financially? I've been talking to this girl from Australia for about a year. We facetime quite a lot and have even done some kinky stuff over it. She recently lost her job and asked if I could "support her financially". I said I could give her $200 a month till June-July when I go visit her. She's never asked for anything before and got really excited about the $200 which I don't think is too much money. Think it's a good idea? 

I’ve been promising I’d visit her for the longest but I have to renew my passport and a whole bunch of other stuff so feel like this is kind of making up for all that. 

Edited by Astroblack

2 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Does anyone support their spouse financially? I've been talking to this girl from Australia for about a year. We facetime quite a lot and have even done some kinky stuff over it. She recently lost her job and asked if I could "support her financially". I said I could give her $200 a month till June-July when I go visit her. She's never asked for anything before and got really excited about the $200 which I don't think is too much money. Think it's a good idea? 

I’ve been promising I’d visit her for the longest but I have to renew my passport and a whole bunch of other stuff so feel like this is kind of making up for all that. 

No, no, and no. Get her to send you the money instead. 

Edited by dorty

2 hours ago, Astroblack said:

Yeah thought so. Not sending anything. Breaking contact. 

Good move, she can surely just go and get a job at a pizza shop or something.  I would never enter into a relationship formed from such a basis as it's a clear indicator for the future.  Also, ask he how much she wants in blackmail for the videos but make sure she does it over video and record it.  That way it makes the case against her easier.

I helped my girlfriend pay for her flight here over Christmas, because it costs like a months salary for her. But not sure I would have been doing that before we had met, and any kind of regular money would scare me.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

26 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The complete break of contact was a surprise. 

It's the right move. The swiftness from entertaining the idea to breaking contact is wild though :lol: