Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, gjohnson said:

I struggled to see Mitros second touch on the penalty...even in slo-mo and replay. Still can't really see it unless he clipped it with his left before shooting on right?

Hit it with his right, onto his standing left leg from what I recall? Think the ball was supposed to go to his left, but as a result, went right. 

25 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Massively impressive result considering we lost our best player at half time and these were bang in form coming into it.

It can't be under-estimated like, Fulham are a tough side to put away.

Despite the missed pen, I didn't think it was a lucky result at all. After the first 10 minutes, we were comfortably the better side and could have had more. I was a bit worried before the game, because Fulham came into the match on good form, but this team just rises to every challenge. 

And Silva is a rank bad loser.

Edited by Cronky

dont know if  its been mentioned already, but todays announcer was even fucking worse than the regular guy. espacially at full time.

harsh but he does need sacking.

Edited by huss9

Nice little bit of shithousery first half. We had a corner and Tindall called Pope over, they spoke for about 20 seconds and when the ball next went out of play Pope went down injured. At the same time Bruno was off the pitch getting treatment on his foot. 

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

I struggled to see Mitros second touch on the penalty...even in slo-mo and replay. Still can't really see it unless he clipped it with his left before shooting on right?

You work over at Stockley Park? He shoots with his right and the ball then hits his left foot. Without the deflection Pope was going to save it anyway.

Music and announcer levels were all over today, speakers were crackling near me it was that loud.

Why can't they just play some music early on then turn it all off. Fans might strangely fill the void.

So we spent this weekend worrying about the results from the Manchester and London derbies and beat the 6th placed team in the league...

Let that sink in and forget about the past 15 or so years where we would be celebrating a 1.0 win no matter how we played.

More teams will set up to frustrate us, so we will need to keep plugging away in games... Obviously if Longstaff could put away these early chances it would bloody take the stress away lol

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

mitro went to hit it to his left and it looked as if pope would have saved it, but it delfected off his left foot and changed direction to go in down the centre of the goal instead.

13 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Andos reaction to BDR going down was brilliant, only to be topped off by the realisation that a penalty was going to be given.

he really is a local gem (yes I know he is Irish but you know what I mean here)

He’s an absolute whopper.