Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

20 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Was there a new announcer at the ground? Swear he played the wrong PL anthem for the handshakes. :lol:

Been in my head rent free all day today, that bloke. Was definitely a new guy wasn't it? Absolutely shit, played the PL theme from 2013-2016 for the pre match handshakes (it should've been this), tried announcing a sub during the penalty which didn't actually take place until well after that phase of play stopped and flicked through tunes that were played post match when Benitez was here like La Bamba. :lol: Must've found an auld CD.

2 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Been in my head rent free all day today, that bloke. Was definitely a new guy wasn't it? Absolutely shit, played the PL theme from 2013-2016 for the pre match handshakes (it should've been this), tried announcing a sub during the penalty which didn't actually take place until well after that phase of play stopped and flicked through tunes that were played post match when Benitez was here like La Bamba. :lol: Must've found an auld CD.

Noticed the PL theme being off (the concept is a pile of steaming turd either way) and the La Bamba airing. Also Freed From Desire to pump the Fulham fans up pre-match. I've a suspicion he re-read the first few birthdays after the half-time entertainment n'all. Better or worse than shite poetry? 

Just now, NEEJ said:

Noticed the PL theme being off (the concept is a pile of steaming turd either way) and the La Bamba airing. Also Freed From Desire to pump the Fulham fans up pre-match. I've a suspicion he re-read the first few birthdays after the half-time entertainment n'all. Better or worse than shite poetry? 

Both shite. Just have someone to read out subs and goalscorers. Happy days.

Another thing I like about these match cams is how some players' personalities are so obvious when they show up for "work". Callum Wilson and that confident, jovial swagger; Schar being Swiss, flinty and steely; Bruno being super extroverted and genial; Almiron really just happy to be here.

How the fuck is that a pen for Fulham? Another staggering VAR decision this weekend.

I thought it was but I was watching a very dodgy stream without all the angles they have. Once I saw a decent definition slo-mo, it was clearly not a pen.

The Dan Burn one was a "seen em given", but Mitro or whoever it was does throw himself to the ground.

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

Another thing I like about these match cams is how some players' personalities are so obvious when they show up for "work". Callum Wilson and that confident, jovial swagger; Schar being Swiss, flinty and steely; Bruno being super extroverted and genial; Almiron really just happy to be here.

there’s a Fulham player went to ground when Mitro peeled away to celebrate ??

6 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

there’s a Fulham player went to ground when Mitro peeled away to celebrate ??

5 hours ago, Emotic said:

A gentle push by Pope[emoji38]

Pope then racing to take a quick free kick that hits the ref 😂😂😂😂😂

One thing I still can’t get my head around ?

14/15 Years we have asked for a team to compete /give it a go 

Yet the majority of home games the crowd are so quiet.

Its unbelievable? 
What happened to getting behind the team (like we do at away games) 

Dont get me wrong there has been glimpses of fantastic noise support (aresnal home last season and man city home this season) but other than that it’s general very poor in large periods of the match.

We desperately need a new standing singing area behind both goals to help get it noise flowing around the whole ground.

Basically areas to recreate the (away support) and have like minded fans in both sections to get things going and keep it going 

I dread to think of the atmosphere without Wor flags who have been absolutely unbelievable in generating some great moments and noise before the games.

I know safe seating has impacted crowd support but I am sure something needs to change so we can show the team support 

The team are doing their bit !!!

19 minutes ago, JonBez comesock said:

Its unbelievable? 

Dont get me wrong there has been glimpses of fantastic noise support (aresnal home last season and man city home this season) but other than that it’s general very poor in large periods of the match.

We desperately need a new standing singing area behind both goals to help get it noise flowing around the whole ground.

Basically areas to recreate the (away support) and have like minded fans in both sections to get things going and keep it going 

I dread to think of the atmosphere without Wor flags who have been absolutely unbelievable in generating some great moments and noise before the games.

I know safe seating has impacted crowd support but I am sure something needs to change so we can show the team support 

Someone said it the other day on another thread but all the smoke getting blown up our arse about the flags and pre/post match karaoke isn't helping either. The 90 mins in between is silence

11 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Crowd seem quite moany and defeatist most of the time. Tbf (myself being one of the main culprits :lol:) the match threads are just full of people complaining throughout as well. 

I try to avoid match threads where possible. Every miss is a sitter, every opposition spell is panic, every injury is terminal.

I imagine its how Jesse Marsh goes through every game. 

I'm not sure if it's a hangover from the Ashley era, as I remember SJP being quite moany and groany during the Robson days.

Edited by The Prophet

I think every home crowd at every PL ground is quieter than a lot of people would like. It's just what football fans are like now. 

SJP is great as long as you're close enough to the Gallowgate and the corner. 

For me the biggest problem is how fast the songs are, they don't have a chance to continue for a long time because nobody can keep up.

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Match threads are decent as long as we’re not losing. Immediately it turns very sour. There’s still lots of moaning when we’re drawing and we miss opportunities or the opposition come close but I don’t really mind that. The whole point of being a fan is that you have sharp switches in emotion, so it’s only natural it gets played out like that on here too 

Just whizzing through the recording to try and see if the Joelinton bit in their team talk was there but found a funny little bit with Willock. 17:30 on the clock, Bruno's down (forgot it was that early and he played on for about half an hour), anyway Willock is getting instructions off Eddie, takes a drink bottle, goes for a big drink, sprays it all over the place cos he's pointing it the wrong way.

6 hours ago, JonBez comesock said:

Its unbelievable? 

Mate don't get me started it's fucking embarrassing. I started another thread on safe standing/singing section. 

Drop [email protected] email please. When i spoke to them they said they'll ask other members. Its an absolute must we get like minded fans together. I think the club will listen if enough shout

On 16/01/2023 at 18:30, HaydnNUFC said:

Couldn’t pronounce any of the player names either. 

4 hours ago, gbandit said:

Match threads are decent as long as we’re not losing. Immediately it turns very sour. There’s still lots of moaning when we’re drawing and we miss opportunities or the opposition come close but I don’t really mind that. The whole point of being a fan is that you have sharp switches in emotion, so it’s only natural it gets played out like that on here too 

People going radge on the internet during the game doesn't bother me tbh - there's lots who confuse angry internet comments with whinging at the match.  Whingers at the ground piss me off; they ruin the atmosphere and that can affect the players.  Jacob Murphy isn't reading NO during play; I'm not convinced it has any bearing on his performance

Edited by TheBrownBottle

5 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

People going radge on the internet during the game doesn't bother me tbh - there's lots who confuse angry internet comments with whinging at the match.  Whingers at the ground piss me off; they ruin the atmosphere and that can affect the players.  Jacob Murphy isn't reading NO during play; I'm not convinced it has any bearing on his performance

It sometimes has a bearing on the match thread though. Some of it is fine, but some repeat offenders seem to have total meltdowns over every player going down, for instance.