Newcastle United 1-0 Fulham (15/01/2023)

HaydnNUFC

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

The ground will be still buzzing and provide the perfect atmosphere for the team to put on a performance.

Spoiler alert from the future: it wasn't and didn't, but the team did anyway.

42 minutes ago, STM said:

Got 6 days between this and Palace. You have to assume that Howe will go full strength, which means the same side as against Leicester.

I can see any arguments for changing it, unless Howe sees something tactically.

An early goal on this would be nice. [emoji38]Always get nervous at 0-0 at half time. How spoilt am I? [emoji38]

Wilson and Isak having a half each, not sure which one starts though. We should have enough for these, but they've been really good this season. I reckon we'll win 1-0.

I'm finding it hard to call this one. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets scrappy and hard to watch, with a single goal deciding the outcome. Just got to hope our defence holds firm and Wilson / Isak / Miggy find their shooting boots. 

I'm going to go 1-0 to us and spend most of the time hiding my eyes / shouting. 

10 minutes ago, Billy Warthog said:

I'm finding it hard to call this one. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets scrappy and hard to watch, with a single goal deciding the outcome. Just got to hope our defence holds firm and Wilson / Isak / Miggy find their shooting boots. 

I'm going to go 1-0 to us and spend most of the time hiding my eyes / shouting. 

We will blow these away.  3-0 to the Toon.

I'd start with ASM. As already stated, Fulham like to press high. If ASM is up for the fight he could rip them open and set the tone for a good old humping on the hill. 3-1 to us.

11 minutes ago, Theregulars said:

Has Mitrovic been up to SJP since he left? I can't remember the other times they polluted the division whether he was injured / suspended. Hope people don't go in on him, he was always extremely complimentary about the club, fans and area.

Twice, a grim 0-0 draw back on December 2018 and for a 1-1 draw in the lockdown season. Yet to score against us home or away.

9 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Tough game this one, are they a side who sits back ? I think it will tight and we may struggle for goals.

1–1

It’s very hard to say isn’t it. I think they might have a bit of a go if we draw them out but they’ll be aware of teams having success playing a low block. I think ASM/Isak might be important in this one to open them up at some point. I wonder if he decided to start one of them and replace with the other after 60-65 mins.