League Cup Semi Final: Southampton (a)/(h) on Tuesday 24th/31st January at 8pm (Sky)

2 minutes ago, James said:

Man City will be pissed off drawing us to be honest as because of our demonstrated attitude to this competition they’d have to choose between playing their first XI against us in two games during a very busy period for them, or otherwise potentially going out.

is it a very busy period for them though? They almost have 2 first elevens, i can't see them caring tbh.

I agree there'd be others they'd rather play though.

4 minutes ago, George Bailey said:

Rather face City than Manure.

Get the impression they would want/need it more and they are the spawniest fuckers out there as well.

My favoured option is Southampton at home in semis second leg and City in final.

A small problem with that...

We’re playing amazingly well but there’s absolutely no way we’re beating City over two legs. 

Man U have been on a good run but have played loads of awful teams. 

Im desperate for Wolves/Forest. A semi final is never going to be easy but I’d back is to beat both of them over two games. Then this team, riding high into a final and anything is possible. 

Southampton are properly shit, but it wouldn't be the first time Man City have been on the end of a freak defeat. The dream is obviously:

Man Utd vs Southampton

Newcastle vs Nottm Forest

then

Newcastle beat Southampton to win tha Leeg Cup.

More likely is:

Man City vs Man Utd

Newcastle vs Wolves

then

Newcastle shit house Haaland and De Bruyne and Miggy scores the winner, rubbing Grealish's hair on he way to collect his medal.

6 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Everybody just assuming City are going to win tonight. Southampton might get a freak win. Then that throws everything open. 

I get what you're saying, anything can happen but howay man :lol: It's a pretty safe assumption. 

5 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Everybody just assuming City are going to win tonight. Southampton might get a freak win. Then that throws everything open. 

City go out.

We get Man Utd in the semis, we beat them, then lose to Forest in the final. 

I don’t think it’s all over if we get City in the semis but we really don’t need that. Just give us a break, Wolves, Forest or Man U would all be games I’d go into thinking we were odds on. City would be odds against but still with a decent chance I think 

22 minutes ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Haha I was thinking that. Just sit back and let it go to penalties. 

2 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I want us to get to the final so hopefully get the best option which is Forest in the semis, 2nd leg at home and face whoever it is in the final.

Absolutely.. I want to see wembley sea of black and white against a big boy.

18 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Just avoid City in the semi. 

On a related note, it’s weird that every other round it’s OK to give home advantage, but it the semi final it isn’t. Slightly quirky. 

Didn’t it used to be a 2 Leg affair each round back in the day? Talking mid 70’s to 00’s.

Forest/Wolves away first leg on the Tuesday would be great. If it was one of the Manc clubs on the Tuesday or Wednesday that week. That would also be ideal. 

Head office is in Ashton, just outside Manchester and I’m up there the Weds/Thurs that week. So could get to any of those games en route or while I’m there. 

8 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Forest/Wolves away first leg on the Tuesday would be great. If it was one of the Manc clubs on the Tuesday or Wednesday that week. That would also be ideal. 

Head office is in Ashton, just outside Manchester and I’m up there the Weds/Thurs that week. So could get to any of those games en route or while I’m there. 

me. me, me.