League Cup Semi Final: Southampton (a)/(h) on Tuesday 24th/31st January at 8pm (Sky)

19 minutes ago, Geogaddi said:

Have booked a free cancellation hotel and paid £80 for a return going on the Saturday back on the Monday , worse case scenario is lose £80 but should we get to the final it will likely be double that .

Aye there's only one flight out of Dublin that morning and its £30 return now. Kinda thinking half the Newcastle fans in Ireland will be trying to get over if we make the final so dunno if I should just jump now for the sake of £30. I hate the thought of doing this before we've played the semi final though. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Aye there's only one flight out of Dublin that morning and its £30 return now. Kinda thinking half the Newcastle fans in Ireland will be trying to get over if we make the final so dunno if I should just jump now for the sake of £30. I hate the thought of doing this before we've played the semi final though. :lol: 

Do it. 

10 minutes ago, Decky said:

I would for the sake of £30.

3 minutes ago, Decky said:

Aye I booked it there. Plane will be full if we beat Southampton. 

Blame me if we lose now for that jinx. 

Booked a flight from Inverness to London for £40 too just on the off chance we make it. If not, it’s £40 lost, no big deal.

2 hours ago, Decky said:

Was thinking that myself. London will be class with the fans but most of them are heading to Wembley while I'm in a pub with a load of people having a normal Sunday. May as well just stay in Ireland at that rate. :lol: Gonna go to Newcastle. Think I'll just go on the Sunday and not the whole weekend though.

Just fucking beat Southampton and make it happen lads. 

Just try and get tickets for Brighton if we do go out to Saints 

2 hours ago, Decky said:

Was thinking that myself. London will be class with the fans but most of them are heading to Wembley while I'm in a pub with a load of people having a normal Sunday. May as well just stay in Ireland at that rate. :lol: Gonna go to Newcastle. Think I'll just go on the Sunday and not the whole weekend though.

Just fucking beat Southampton and make it happen lads. 

Just try and get tickets for Brighton if we do go out to Saints 

My Google calendar (which has our fixtures sync'd up) has just been automatically updated with Tuesday 24th January for the first leg and then Tuesday 31st January for the second leg.

Edited by Sifu

3 minutes ago, Sifu said:

My Google calendar (which has our fixtures sync'd up) has just been automatically updated with Tuesday 24th January for the first leg and then Tuesday 31st January for the second leg.

Aye, I think that’s just a default setting at the minute as Forest/Man Utd has apparently gone in for the same dates.

Do think those dates will be when our games are played like.

4 minutes ago, SteV said:

Aye, I think that’s just a default setting at the minute as Forest/Man Utd has apparently gone in for the same dates.

Do think those dates will be when our games are played like.

Do hope that the second leg is played on the Wednesday, I'll be on a flight to Hong Kong at kick off.

I have taken the trains, or tried to a lot in the past year and I must admire your confidence in them actually running. :lol:Probably best off hitch hiking.

Also, I love Decky. Totally invested in his quest to make it over. It's like a little side story in a TV show or something.

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Personally don't see the point in going down like if you don't have a ticket. 

Either go to the match or watch it in Newcastle.

I understand what you are saying but I would imagine half the thinking is trying to get a ticket last minute down there as there will be some going around.

22 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

I have taken the trains, or tried to a lot in the past year and I must admire your confidence in them actually running. :lol:Probably best off hitch hiking.

Also, I love Decky. Totally invested in his quest to make it over. It's like a little side story in a TV show or something.

Been dreaming of this for decades man if we beat Southampton I’m going to be in tears. :lol: 

3 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Personally don't see the point in going down like if you don't have a ticket. 

Either go to the match or watch it in Newcastle.

Yep.  Those booking hotel rooms when they’re unlikely to be entitled to a ticket are just making life more difficult for those who would be.

If you’ve not got a ticket, watch it in Newcastle.  The city will go off if we win it.  Better than scrambling around a shit bit of North London looking for a pub with a few Newcastle fans in it. 

The home tie must be the biggest we've played at St James' Park since the last League Cup Semi Final in 1976. We also had the UEFA Cup Semi Final in 2004 but the 1st Leg was at home making it slightly less significant as it couldn't be decided that night. Suppose even the Fairs Cup Final couldn't even be settled at SJP as we still had to go over to Hungary for the 2nd Leg.

What a night it promises to be!

Really debating whether I should get try and  fly over for the final, how hard are tickets likely to be to get, flights from Australia aren't the cheapest at the minute and would be just my luck to fly in and not get to the game [emoji38]