Parker's playing style

Guest Invicta_Toon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poll shows how difficult it is to fit Parker into a team. So many positions that he can play in, and do decently in as well.

Players that are difficult to fit into a team usually tend to be the flair type player, those individuals of exceptional ability. Parker is definitely not one of those.  I think it's rare for a good player who isn't a flair player to be difficult to fit into a team.

Although I have posted about him struggling to fit in with Emre I'm becoming more inclined  to think that the problem is he doesn't fit into a standard 4-4-2, this plus his average individual quality, of course.

He's not great in any position, but he's not exactly shit in any of them as well. We've seen worse (Faye for example) and will see worse in the future. That's why I said he's decent. Not great, not actually good but decent, and for our current team and squad depth, he's decent enough atm.

You know what? There must be a reason that Parker was wanted by so many teams and was eventually signed by Chelsea for 10m (an inflated fee no doubt because of Abramovich factor, but he was wanted by many teams), but right now, I'm struggling to see the qualities that made him so desirable and for such a hefty fee as well.

Aye £10m plus Carlton Cole on loan for 2 seasons, because Cole refused to go back for the second season they agreed to pay £1m compenstation.

So it's 11m then? :lol:

Work it out titbox  :lol:

£10m + loan for 2 years, 1 year not given so £1m compensation so how much do you think they valued the first year at  bluewink.gif

Aye £10m plus Carlton Cole on loan for 2 seasons, because Cole refused to go back for the second season they agreed to pay £1m compenstation.

So it's 11m then? :lol:

Work it out titbox  :lol:

£10m + loan for 2 years, 1 year not given so £1m compensation so how much do you think they valued the first year at  bluewink.gif

:lol: but they actually only paid 11m!!

He's not great in any position, but he's not exactly shit in any of them as well. We've seen worse (Faye for example) and will see worse in the future. That's why I said he's decent. Not great, not actually good but decent, and for our current team and squad depth, he's decent enough atm.

Aye, he's decent mate. But the problem is because he doesn't fit in he turns other players who are good into just decent.

I think its more a problem with Roeder than it is Parker, he is a good player but when he is put next to Emre they seem to cancel each other out.

So what does that have to do with Roeder, like? Do you want the manager to change the formation to accomodate an average player like Parker?

I think its more a problem with Roeder than it is Parker, he is a good player but when he is put next to Emre they seem to cancel each other out.

So what does that have to do with Roeder, like? Do you want the manager to change the formation to accomodate an average player like Parker?

Roeder is the manager right or did I miss something? Its up to him to get the best out of the team, If Parker and Emre don't work its up to him to change it. Parker and Butt or Emre and Butt look to be a lot more effective so he needs to make a decision. My guess is in the long term he wont, when all are fit Parker and Emre will be in the middle.

Roeder is the manager right or did I miss something? Its up to him to get the best out of the team, If Parker and Emre don't work its up to him to change it. Parker and Butt or Emre and Butt look to be a lot more effective so he needs to make a decision. My guess is in the long term he wont, when all are fit Parker and Emre will be in the middle.

So was it the managers fault that Faye was shite, that Ameobi is shite, that Bramble is shite, that Carr is shite, that Ramage is shite, that Babayaro is shite? Is that what you're saying because it's the same thing when you blame the manager over Parker? 

When are people going to stop making excuses for Parker?  :roll:

So was it the managers fault that Faye was shite, that Ameobi is shite, that Bramble is shite, that Carr is shite, that Ramage is shite, that Babayaro is shite? Is that what you're saying because it's the same thing when you blame the manager over Parker? 

When are people going to stop making excuses for Parker?  :roll:

Parker isn't shite though, is Emre shite? Because he looks as bad when he plays next to Parker or are you making excuses for Emre now?  :roll: