Safe standing

NUFC91

Hi all,

I have pushed the trust in regards to bringing this to the clubs attention and they said they've not heard much from other members which is dissapointing. 

Today was so depressing, sitting in 4th and cup semi final, me and few lads in Leazes corner getting told to sit down and funny looks for trying to get an atmosphere going. To hear lads getting letters for persistant standing as well is madness. Apart from 15 mins it was shite.

What annoys me is I honestly think this is the biggest issue we have as a club, a great team and fanbase that aren't matching. Safe standing and like minded fans together will improve this, we all know this.

The most annoying thimg is all the fans and the trust do is bitch and moan about loyal points and ticketing systen. Our shit atmosphere is more important than people moaning about tickets for final we haven't reached. Todah I actually thought it would be better watching on tele. If we fet into Europe we HAVE to improve this.

Lets stop moaning and email below, only voice we have into club.

[email protected]

Get behind the lads!!! Howay United

1 minute ago, NUFC91 said:

Today was so depressing

2 minutes ago, NUFC91 said:

Lets stop moaning

You need to lighten up. 

I'd like a singing section back, but to come on after such a big win whinging and having a rant that today is depressing is ridiculous. 

Enjoy the win and the fact that we're at the start of what looks like a very fuckin exciting journey. 

Was alot more stewards in the strawberry corner today

Mentioned on here the other day I and everyone in blocks c and d recieved a letter saying if persistent standing continues they'll issue bans

Was alot of people on edge near the back who probably wanted to sit but they wouldn't see a thing if they did...

Looked like a lot of bother in the Strawberry Corner today with stewards from the first few minutes. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of those lads get banned for the next few games (it happened to me a few years ago). 

It is important though @Wilson. If the SC lads got booted out, a lot of the atmosphere in the stadium wouldn’t be generated (and I say this as someone who has been going in the Leazes/East Corner for most of the season. 

A standing area would be great - and based on the away experience it does help the atmosphere. Personally I prefer to stand at matches anyway

However if you’re standing in a seating section of course you are going to get told to sit down - for a start not everyone sat behind can stand up for 90 mins so you’re ruining their view 

10 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

What evidence is there to suggest standing up = better atmosphere? 

(genuine question) 

More a case of like-minded people being situated together I would suggest 

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Looked like a lot of bother in the Strawberry Corner today with stewards from the first few minutes. 

Wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of those lads get banned for the next few games (it happened to me a few years ago). 

It is important though @Wilson. If the SC lads got booted out, a lot of the atmosphere in the stadium wouldn’t be generated (and I say this as someone who has been going in the Leazes/East Corner for most of the season. 

Aye it is, I used to have my seat up in the singing section before Ashley disbanded it in a huff, so I moved to the SE corner as I'd much rather stand all game, if one was organised I'd move there. 

Just found this thread a bit 'find a negative to complain about'. The atmosphere was far from shit v Leicester and plenty of other games this season, it definitely helps at times but it by no means guarantees a good atmosphere as is being made out. 

Edited by Wilson

9 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

(genuine question) 

If we got 5000 lads sat standing together we'd have an atmosphere for duration of game. We have 50 lads atm genarating a noise that often spreads

1 minute ago, Wilson said:

Aye it is, I used to have my seat up in the singing section before Ashley disbanded it in a huff, so I moved to the SE corner as I'd much rather stand all game, if one was organised I'd move there. 

Just found this thread a bit 'find a negative to complain about'. The atmosphere was far from shit v Leicester, it definitely helps at times but it by no means guarantees a good atmosphere as is being made out. 

I disgaree though it tight games like today they need us, we can't expect players to be at that intensity why we sit in silence.

The clubs in great place but lets make it better and back them.

1 minute ago, TheGuv said:

Might be worth asking Wor Flags and Toon Polls to do a poll on this? @Heron?

Great idea mate, i honestly would love a group of lads together. Drink in same pubs, carry noise up into ground and stand together and back the lads.

3 minutes ago, BoSelecta said:

Massively behind a safe standing section and would volunteer to move my ST into it regardless of location. The atmosphere in Wonderbar before the game shouldn’t be better than in the ground.

Exactly that, any fan should be happy to move for sake of club imo.

It's a must for club in our position

30 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

(genuine question) 

I’ve stood at the back of Level 7 before and usually there’s plenty singing up there and no one to obstruct.

I felt way more involved in the game being stood.

If the club introduce a safe standing area any one choosing to remain there wouldn’t have any choice but to accept they’ll be standing every match.

The key is for the club to try and get it in the right place and the right people in it. I would certainly give season ticket holders who want the opportunity to sing first chance of filling it, the last thing you want is the places being sold unwittingly to people in the member/general sale and not being up for standing/singing.

It’s funny how many clubs have stands that stand for the whole game without safe standing. 

Villa Holte End ( @brummiecan you confirm please?)

Leeds

Man Utd (Stratford End)

Chelsea (even before safe standing)

Arsenal (more and more happening now)

Liverpool (ironically)

Forest 

Everton 

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

If the club introduce a safe standing area any one choosing to remain there wouldn’t have any choice but to accept they’ll be standing every match.

The key is for the club to try and get it in the right place and the right people in it. I would certainly give season ticket holders who want the opportunity to sing first chance of filling it, the last thing you want is the places being sold unwittingly to people in the member/general sale and not being up for standing/singing.

Leazes Level 4 imo. Probably the lowest amount of ST holders in there and it’s the biggest area? Would help atmosphere for the whole stadium/near away fans too.

3 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Leazes Level 4 imo. Probably the lowest amount of ST holders in there and it’s the biggest area? Would help atmosphere for the whole stadium/near away fans too.

That full NW corner level 4 and level 7 all standing would be something special if we could fill it with like minded folk. You would think the atmosphere would cascade down from the old curva nord and definitely would help being next to away fans. 

10 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Exactly my thoughts, i'd imagine those who do have seats there would happily move to gallowgate if they never wanted to stand as well

8 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

That full NW corner level 4 and level 7 all standing would be something special if we could fill it with like minded folk. You would think the atmosphere would cascade down from the old curva nord and definitely would help being next to away fans. 

Would be good to get some old school ‘The Leazes’ chants. And perhaps the Gallowgate would respond back to out do it.