The Last of Us (Season 1, Episode 3)

Nobody

6 hours ago, Lazarus said:

Watched it. Never played the game so dunno how true it is to source.

Doesnt look especially original but its very well done.

Same, I know nothing of the game so it's all new to me, is it just a better version of the Walking Dead.

If you remove the first 20 minutes, it was exactly like the game.

First season is just about Last of Us part1? Is a second season planned? I wonder if they will add crap that "happened" between LoU and LoU2 to make more seasons.

Edited by lxsln

Really really enjoyed it. Genuinely rate the games as in my top 5 of all time (yes even 2 which some people have major issues with). It’s very true to the game but also adding nice TV elements to it to expand a little. Top notch. 

I think boiling it down to "story about zombies" is doing it dirty a bit. The infected are just set-dressing, at least in the game, the story is very much about Ellie and Joel's journey and relationship.  

2 hours ago, mattypnufc said:

Really really enjoyed it. Genuinely rate the games as in my top 5 of all time (yes even 2 which some people have major issues with). It’s very true to the game but also adding nice TV elements to it to expand a little. Top notch. 

TLoU2 is a masterpiece, arguably better than the first game. Peoples reasons for disliking it are beyond stupid.

Loved the first episode of the series. It's faithful, which is all I hoped for. :lol:

9 minutes ago, Froggy said:

TLoU2 is a masterpiece, arguably better than the first game. Peoples reasons for disliking it are beyond stupid.

Loved the first episode of the series. It's faithful, which is all I hoped for. :lol:

Agreed. 😂

1 hour ago, Andy said:

I think boiling it down to "story about zombies" is doing it dirty a bit. The infected are just set-dressing, at least in the game, the story is very much about Ellie and Joel's journey and relationship.  

A bit like The Road?

Thought that first episode was excellent and I've been nervous because The Last of Us is the best game I've ever played and one of the best ever stories I've had the pleasure of experiencing.

One thing I'm worried about though, if season one is game one, is the TV show going to eventually overtake the game? I really won't be happy if my first experience to new parts of this story, and of course the conclusion of the story, isn't in the game like. :lol: I don't have to watch it at that stage but I'm not reading a spoiler about it online either. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Thought that first episode was excellent and I've been nervous because The Last of Us is the best game I've ever played and one of the best ever stories I've had the pleasure of experiencing.

One thing I'm worried about though, if season one is game one, is the TV show going to eventually overtake the game? I really won't be happy if my first experience to new parts of this story, and of course the conclusion of the story, isn't in the game like. :lol: I don't have to watch it at that stage but I'm not reading a spoiler about it online either. 

Game spoilers:

Last of Us 2 is set 5 years later.  I expect they'd cover some of that time rather than go straight to part 2.  Especially considering what happens at the beginning of the second game.

2 minutes ago, Troll said:

Game spoilers:

Hide contents

Last of Us 2 is set 5 years later.  I expect they'd cover some of that time rather than go straight to part 2.  Especially considering what happens at the beginning of the second game.

Yes I agree with Troll, also don't think they'll have covered the whole of the first game by the end of S1 as I expect a few other game bits and the world to be expanded.

Not really spoilers, but putting it in them just in case re: what's due to be covered versus the game:

Spoiler

Apparently it'll fully cover the first game, and does so beat-by-beat. The only extra stuff is additional character development for the supporting cast where Joel wouldn't be on screen etc.

Amazing first episode. 

Played the game years ago when it first came out so can hardly remember what happened but the scenes when driving, looking through the windscreen from the back seat perspective, with the headlights full beam were absolutely spot on. Instantly brought back memories. 

Enjoyed that. Played the game for a bit years ago just didn’t have time to play it that much. Can’t remember much about it or how far I got into it. 

May revisit it if I get chance.

1 hour ago, Troll said:

https://gizmodo.com/last-of-us-hbo-length-left-behind-dlc-neil-druckmann-1849945355

tl;dr:

• Season one is the first game.
  • The second game is likely to take two seasons to cover.
  • They have no interest in doing anything after the existing source material.

Haven't read the article, but to back this up is that the creator of the show is the creator of Chernobyl, and that was just a one and done season. HBO also has previous with Watchmen, which was incredible, of just doing one season.

On the other hand, there's obviously Game of Thrones (but that just probably got too big for its own good tbf) and that absolutely no one knows what the fuck is going on with the HBO/Discovery merger. 

Never played the game but really enjoyed the first episode. Some of the scenes had a very gaming cut scene feel to them (e.g driving scene with the plane), but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. Interested to see where it goes and if it has anything to really set it apart from the standard ‘end of days’ / zombie offering. 

A very good 8/10 for the first episode