The Last of Us (Season 1, Episode 3)

Nobody

9 hours ago, Tisd09 said:

Bought the game this morning for £16. Never finished it first time around looking forward to the replay alongside watching the show 

It's great, but go for the second after. The second is majestic.

Posted in the TV thread:

The Last of Us started off really well. I never played the games, as I always had Xbox back in the day. But it’s always been a genre that appealed to me. 

Thought it was ok, nothing really stood out though. Touch of TWD, The Strain & Van Helsing (early seasons) about it. Hopefully it goes on to stronger things, unlike TWD which peaked episode 1. 

It's been ages since I've played the game, going to have to buy TLOU2 and get that done before the season 2 comes out. 

I can understand if many who haven't played the game don't get attached to this one, it's insanely slow at times.

So they didn't follow the game in this episode.

Spoiler

It is Fedra who shoots Tess?

8 hours ago, lxsln said:

I can understand if many who haven't played the game don't get attached to this one, it's insanely slow at times.

Hide contents

Aye it was. I didn't find it slow at all, I think the pacing is perfect. Honestly, this is class like. 

10 hours ago, lxsln said:

Hide contents

This is only episode 2, so the focus needed to be on introducing the infected.  Fedra can come later, but it would have been a mistake to cram them into this episode too.  The game can get away with it because you

spend much longer fighting infected before you get to that point.

Is there any info anywhere about where each episode ends?

Would like to play the game game and have played up to where the following episode is if that makes sense.

Never played the game, but know the basic premise, but not how the game(s) ultimately ended. But enjoying this and don't mind the pacing so far. 

Its great how the show has scenes that seem to feel like you are watching a video game, and from comments I have read, the show so far and script is very faithful to the source game.

Those infected in the museum, whislt not 'zombies' as such, seem more frightening and threatening than TWD  'walkers' became.

My wife played the game (and made me sit with her as she was a giant wimp) and her only complaint is the use of guns so far versus the game where you had your knife or improvised something. Otherwise, as someone who's only been partially exposed to the game, this has been fantastic viewing.

6 hours ago, woody said:

My wife played the game (and made me sit with her as she was a giant wimp) and her only complaint is the use of guns so far versus the game where you had your knife or improvised something. Otherwise, as someone who's only been partially exposed to the game, this has been fantastic viewing.

Don't think Joel gets a machine gun until the very end of the first game. :lol: Got one first episode here.

Really thoroughly enjoying the series and tbh I'm really glad that it exists. Never had a PlayStation so have never played the games, but always been fascinated by them nevertheless because I always understood them to be arguably the pinnacle of video games. So am really enjoying getting to know the story and characters. 

The performances and cinematography is class so far; certainly echo the comments about the 'video game like' scenes. Could so easily be tacky or gimmicky but it's subtle enough to just blend in with the fact it's obviously a TV show.