Non-Geordies, why do you support Newcastle United?

HawK

1 hour ago, Swissmag said:

Didn‘t know anything about Newcastle until Marc Hottiger joined them. In Switzerland they showed a tv documentary about the club and the supporters which made me fall in love. Never stopped watching and supporting them since ❤️

We might need your help in the Schar thread SM. We’re crying out for a decent Swiss-themed song. 

I'm from a little town in the west midlands so I've always been asked why I support Newcastle, but thankfully everyone knows now so can't say shit about the takeover and surprisingly I've met a few pre takeover too.

I got into football mad late for my age around 12/13 I think started off by watching  98 world cup, clearly loved shearer ( iffy about him now) and i believe Les,batty,lee was part of the squad at so point.

Still mostly a England fan when Keegan took over the role i guess i started to read up more about you,and i always remember watching you in the fa cup etc even more so the finals. Even though i didn't really know my personality then i always loved how loyal you fans we're after not winning a cup for so long so loyal i loved it.

My best and worst days so far have to be the Sit bobby memory's and sadly the sacking then the Ashley era...

• 3 weeks later...

Went to my first game in 1987-88 season  think it was against wimbledon, paid £2.50 into the gallowgate east corner 50p for a programme  they were a different shape to the ones ya get now iirc,  after that i was hooked , used to finish school and head straight through to newcastle for midweek games  by myself most of the time, went to my first derby at joker park in 88 couldnt get a ticket for the away end so went in the fulwell end  by myself  thankfully it ended 0-0  otherwise id probably have celebrated any goal we scored and gettin a kickin  , been going ever since im 49 now