Matheus França

James

7 hours ago, JNK said:

Good Player, not a amazing talent like Roque and Endrick.

Btw Roque just scored 2 out 3 in the U20 south-american, being a starter at age 17.

Flamengo players are usually a little overrated and overpriced. 

Seems to have had a great game last night. Apprently so did Andrey Santos that Chelsea recently bought for peanuts.

Asked a friend of mine in regards to Matheus Franca. Said he seems very talented, but extremely raw still. Said Martins that Watford bought is better, but then again he’s a Fluminense fan and they think all their players are the shit.

He looks like a good all-rounder who can fill in on any attacking position. Possibly even as our third striker in case neither Isak nor Wilson are fit. He looks strong enough.

I wasn't too sure on my first YT viewing - I think because I tend to hope any young Brazilian will be some sort of version of Pele - but once that was out of the system, he does look like a good signing.

21 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No he didn’t, he said we want to but no guarantees.

Obviously nothing in life is guaranteed but I believe 100% Howe wouldn’t have let wood go without assurances we will / can secure one of our many attacking targets 

We are ran by professionals now and will be well under way with a replacement 

Wilson’s cheese string hamstrings will ensure we get a new attacking option in 

Just now, JonBez comesock said:

Obviously nothing in life is guaranteed but I believe 100% Howe wouldn’t have let wood go without assurances we will / can secure one of our many attacking targets 

We are ran by professionals now and will be well under way with a replacement 

Wilson’s cheese string hamstrings will ensure we get a new attacking option in 

I’m not so sure, it seems from his comments that it was completely unexpected that Wood was leaving and so we haven’t got a replacement lined up.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not so sure, it seems from his comments that it was completely unexpected that Wood was leaving and so we haven’t got a replacement lined up.

Nope, we’ll have touted him. He didn’t want to go (apparently) and don’t see the ‘grown-ups’ selling a player without Howe’s full buy-in

Just now, Coffee_Johnny said:

Nope, we’ll have touted him. He didn’t want to go (apparently) and don’t see the ‘grown-ups’ selling a player without Howe’s full buy-in

Howe himself said up until 3/4 days ago Wood leaving wasn’t on the radar.

We know how Ashworth works from various interviews etc at Brighton, every player has a replacement within the squad, within the U21/18s and potential targets from abroad.

Exactly the same as the Botman/Burn move, we chased Botman to the point where it wasn't a practical deal then immediately moved on to Burn.

I think the first sniff of forest being interested we were on to a target that we know of, but maybe weren't ready to act on this window.

We may not get it done asap, but 100% the club is prepared for these eventualities these days and won't be scrabbling around last minute ala mike Ashley nufc.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I’m not saying we don’t have targets, I mean we don’t have a replacement ready to come in right now as a replacement.

I believe as soon as forest contacted us and asked for a loan , we would of contracted clubs/agents for sticking replacements (based on our targets) to see if we can get someone in ….. (before we gave the forest the final nod)

Howe / Ashworth wouldn’t risk it 

1 hour ago, Emotic said:

Chances are that Chelsea has a bunch of "liaison officers" just waiting in Heathrow lounges to sweep away other clubs' prospective signings before they can make the connecting flights.[emoji38]

Yeah, I don't reckon they have any scouting network at all, they just hijack other people's deals.

If the other big spenders had any sense they'd put it out that they're chasing some absolute muppets. Chelsea would probably step in and sign the lot.

34 minutes ago, DahnSahf said:

Yeah, I don't reckon they have any scouting network at all, they just hijack other people's deals.

If the other big spenders had any sense they'd put it out that they're chasing some absolute muppets. Chelsea would probably step in and sign the lot.

Like QPR and Loic Remy