Anthony Gordon

Jack27

37 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Keith hasn’t a clue :lol: 

I watched a 2 hour transfer podcast the other week where he was the guest. Every conceivable player was either brought up by him or he answered in a Q&A, he didn't mention Gordon once IIRC :lol:

I'll be honest I don't want him. He seems a chippy little cunt, nothing wrong with that necessarily, but i don't think he's good enough to back it up when it matters. He's got a load of nuisance value and I'm sure he'd buzz about a bit and get involved, sure he'd press well too. But we now need quality in the final third, a killer pass, a turn of pace or a dip of the shoulder to open defences up now and I simply don't think he's got that in his game. He's better than Murphy and Fraser but that's a pretty low bar. If he signs then I'll be crossing my fingers hoping I'm wrong but at this stage I think we could spend that £30m (or whatever) much, much better to strengthen the XI

54 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He plays either side, in an attacking wide three; or behind a front man in the middle. I guess that flexibility, and his undoubted energy/combativeness, makes him an attractive (no pun…) option for an EH squad.  

If we are interested - this is why - he can play anywhere across the front 3 - from his interview (posted earlier) his preferred position is a No. 10. If we sign him I trust Eddie's judgement to get the very last ounce out of him and will support him and will expect to be pleasantly surprised by his work rate attitude and end product.  However we still need a CDM and cover at RB IMHO.

Edited by cannybagoftudor

One of my main worries about him is that the rest of the squad won’t like him after his antics against us and squad harmony just won’t be as good as it was.

That and his face might scare the kids. 

18 minutes ago, midds said:

I'll be honest I don't want him. He seems a chippy little cunt, nothing wrong with that necessarily, but i don't think he's good enough to back it up when it matters. He's got a load of nuisance value and I'm sure he'd buzz about a bit and get involved, sure he'd press well too. But we now need quality in the final third, a killer pass, a turn of pace or a dip of the shoulder to open defences up now and I simply don't think he's got that in his game. He's better than Murphy and Fraser but that's a pretty low bar. If he signs then I'll be crossing my fingers hoping I'm wrong but at this stage I think we could spend that £30m (or whatever) much, much better to strengthen the XI

See, what'll happen, he'll sign, he'll be that chippy little cunt until he stands there in front of everyone and tells them why, he'll break down then he'll be told he's left that person behind and it'll be like angry ratty caterpillar becoming a butterfly........

Or a snake that sheds its skin just to become a bigger snake, I dunno :dontknow:

Edited by madras

Don’t know why all the negativity, last season he was the best player they had by a long stretch.

If we are interested in him it will be because we have studied him to the nth degree and have decided that he will improve the team. Then Eddie and co will have given the final vote after more hours of analysis.

Leave to the ones in the know and get behind their decision.

Just now, buzza said:

Don’t know why all the negativity, last season he was the best player they had by a long stretch.

If we are interested in him it will be because we have studied him to the nth degree and have decided that he will improve the team. Then Eddie and co will have given the final vote after more hours of analysis.

Richarlison was by far their best player last season 

21 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Cutscene to a year from now: eeeeeeh ah cannit believe what ah said lyk 

He'll have a half decent shot on his debut and everyone will love him.

Edited by LeeB

6 minutes ago, buzza said:

Wouldn’t this eliminate 99% of what is discussed on here?