Anthony Gordon

Jack27

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

Just thinking out loud, I wonder if Howe basically sees Gordon as a much better David Brooks.

Or sees him as Miggy of the Bruce era. Just a few tweeks to his game and he'll be on another level.

If Romano is reporting a bid, it looks like its going to happen.

He's young, fast, and tricky AF, so I see a lot of potential. The gobbiness doesn't bother me.

It's not my money but the fee does bother me. Liverpool paid 37.5 million for Lucas Diaz 12 months ago and he's superb, the completely finished article. Gordon seems poor value to players from overseas.

Not my first choice, or seventh. But weirdly these days I trust the club and manager 100%. If he can turn us into a defensive powerhouse, and Joelinton into prime Yaya Toure, I do feel he turn Gordon into a quality and important part of the team. Excited to see where it lands and how he starts to mould him into a player we'll all probably love in a year or two.

The rest of the league already consider us the Atletico of the league, masters of the dark arts, unlikeable an shit houses. 

This lad will be the icing on the cake as Eddie says we’re not here to liked, we’re here to win.

Top signing will be a star here.

4 hours ago, Danh1 said:

Him rocking up at training on his first day will be like the end of the “Hasta La Vista” episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet series 2, when the lad who was scrapping with Moxy turns up to graft with the lads. 

“Martin, man stop being so predictable.”

I feel dirty for clicking on a Daily Mail link, but if Craig Hope is right with 25M plus 15M in add-ons provided Chelsea don't stick their oar in, I would say go for it.

The same money would have got Trossard, but there's only one of him and he's gone to Arsenal. Unlike Gordon, there is actual proof of him being a worky-ticket.

He’s not an elite player but I’m accepting that we are still at a stage where we will sign an eclectic bunch of players and of all the PIF signings to date he is slap bang on the middle ability wise.

However his style of play and the fact that he plays in our weakest position in LW I am extremely confident that the defences that managed to contain us recently will be completely rattled and scattered by this addition once he is up to speed.

Then we can sell him to Chelsea for double the price in two years time.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Visions of Howe ringing Rafa for a bit of a reference on him and Rafa bending Howe's ear for 3 hours and I love it.

Bet Rafa has watched all our games, twice, partly as he will be so impressed with Howe, and partly in case someone wants to ask him for his informed position on how we are doing.

Back to whinging about this guy… 

If the fee is even 75% of what’s reported surely we’d get Neves for that? Neves would be transformative for us allowing Bruno to play further forward. 

If he signs he’s also in direct competition with ASM and even just on last nights showing he’s levels above Gordon. 

21 minutes ago, St1pe said:

Back to whinging about this guy… 

If the fee is even 75% of what’s reported surely we’d get Neves for that? Neves would be transformative for us allowing Bruno to play further forward. 

If he signs he’s also in direct competition with ASM and even just on last nights showing he’s levels above Gordon. 

Neves was quite derogatory about our style of play earlier in the season. Even though what Neves said was a load of horseshit and probably said in frustration,  I'd wager if Gordon had said anything similar alot on here would be using it as a reason to hate on him even more. No reason we can't get both of them or that Gordon will be our only signing this window.

5 hours ago, Stottie said:

If Romano is reporting a bid, it looks like its going to happen.

He's young, fast, and tricky AF, so I see a lot of potential. The gobbiness doesn't bother me.

It's not my money but the fee does bother me. Liverpool paid 37.5 million for Lucas Diaz 12 months ago and he's superb, the completely finished article. Gordon seems poor value to players from overseas.

Pretty certain that Luis Diaz cost much much more than that. 

If he comes here it's because we (the management) want him. 

Obviously 

All I know, apart from the negativity, is that last season when we played Everton they had 2 players that were a threat. Him and Richarlison 

Both hideous, cheating wankers but threats all the same. 

Edited by Groundhog63

Obertan mk 2 type of career for us. I can just sense it. 

Its going to be difficult for me to support this cunt. And would like it if we actually got a CM or DM before a winger, and actually found a more finished product on the wing. We struggle to score goals, this diving cunt will just get us yellow cards and give away free kicks in dangerous positions.

Hopefully he proves me wrong and can fuck me off but I just don’t get this overpriced Brit transfer