Anthony Gordon

Jack27

Upset the dressing room. [emoji38]

Are we just filling in the blanks about his character?

He's also only 21, so when people talk about "he's not this, he's not that", he's got loads of time to improve.

5 minutes ago, STM said:

Upset the dressing room. [emoji38]

Are we just filling in the blanks about his character?

He's also only 21, so when people talk about "he's not this, he's not that", he's got loads of time to improve.

Yes, absolutely they are. The majority of what I've actually seen of him OFF the football pitch suggests he's a decent kid. Lampard leaving may well do us a favour in that regard as well, I wonder whether Howe has been able to give him a call and discuss Gordon's personality/attitude honestly with him.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

We are really going with 30 and up to 50 in addons. What a fucking waste of FFP money.

Kudos to Everton. This is a massive scam sale.

Edited by worthy

Guest reefatoon
4 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Howe and club still have plenty trust in the bank for me to suspend my reservations. Still think defensive mid was important...

Just don’t get this. Keep seeing it too. The way we play, we don’t even play with a direct “8” we have three midfielders and only 1 (Bruno) plays directly in the middle when we have the ball. Longstaff moves out right and Willock moves out left. Then when we don’t have the ball they push back in. To move Bruno would then mean playing him more on the right in Longstaffs position. I much prefer Bruno to be the central pivot in that midfield three. Bringing in a DM when we need goals, I just don’t understand your urgency. Leave Bruno in the middle of the three where he has so much more control and time on the ball.

Edited by reefatoon

5 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Our bid was 25m +15 in add ons. Part of which I assume will relate to qualifying for CL or similar.

For £20-£25m I guess that’s the going rate for young British PL players so not too upset by the price tag.

Wouldn’t have been my first choice but I’m not Eddie Howe not seen enough of Gordon to make the same judgement he/they are.

If it goes through hope the lad fits in well and is willing to learn from a far superior coach and manager than what he has been used too

8 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Even if it is £40M then that doesn't really have a huge impact on FFP. Assuming he'll be on a 6yr deal as he's only 21, thats not even £7M a year on the FFP scale, barely anything.

9 year deal